• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Had to temporary give up the MAN Card.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
This weekend while cleaning up the storm damage, I lifted a piece of corrugated steel and quickly put it down when I saw several snakes under it. I asked Julie to get one of my guns and she brought me the Walter 22 (Which is actually hers). After loading it with 10 shells, I lifted the steel and unloaded the handgun at the 2 snakes that were coiled up. They then started to slither away (evidently I was a bad marksman), my wife (Who has cancer) grabbed the machete and whacked one of them not even knowing if it was poisoness (it was not).

Had to go cut some logs with the largest chainsaw I have and the use the tractor to move some dirt to get the man card back.

Last edited:
And now your rodent problem will just get worse. Likely a couple rat snakes taking refuse from the heat before heading out to eat some of your unwanted mice. Totally harmless and very useful animals. I will never understand why people freak out or are afraid of snakes. Last thing they EVER want is to interact with people. You saw first hand how given the chance their first instinct is to ALWAYS flee.

Go smack around a statue toppler or something if you need to and leave the poor snakes alone! ;)

This weekend while cleaning up the storm damage, I lifted a piece of corrugated steel and quickly put it down when I saw several snakes under it. I asked Julie to get one of my guns and she brought me the Walter 22 (Which is actually hers). After loading it with 10 shells, I lifted the steel and unloaded the handgun at the 2 snakes that were coiled up. They then started to slither away (evidently I was a bad marksman), my wife (Who has cancer) grabbed the machete and whacked one of them not even knowing if it was poisoness (it was not).

Had to go cut some sogs with the largest chainsaw I have and the use the tractor to move some dirt to get the man card back.

What can I say ........LOL

And now your rodent problem will just get worse. Likely a couple rat snakes taking refuse from the heat before heading out to eat some of your unwanted mice. Totally harmless and very useful animals. I will never understand why people freak out or are afraid of snakes. Last thing they EVER want is to interact with people. You saw first hand how given the chance their first instinct is to ALWAYS flee.

Go smack around a statue toppler or something if you need to and leave the poor snakes alone! ;)
The problem with these snakes is that they were feasting on all the eggs in the hen house. Normailly I leave all snakes alone, but these were being a problem.

They will do that! They tend to be gluttonous when the opportunity presents itself. My boy Sid is still very sad to hear about his cousins though.
IMG_4827.jpgIMG_4835.jpgIMG_4837.jpg

I am sure, there are still plenty of them around the barns.

Another quick story, last week, my 86 year old Mom, who is recovering from a double mastectomy. beard a noise under the sink, she grabbed an old axe handle and clubbed a huge rat to death. The women folk around here are ferocious.

Bah, snakes are fine. I remember one time we were at a horse show and a big ole rat snake slithered into the ring, causing everything to grind to a screeching halt as everyone freaked out. My mom finally went "Oh for Pete's sake!" went over, grabbed the snake, and chucked it into the nearby forest. I've never seen so many jaws drop all at once. My mom's a badass!

A couple years ago I took a Herpetology class as an elective during my grad degree. One of our assignments was to float/swim down a river to look for water moccasins to capture and tag. If you ever think that you might be able to swim faster than a snake, you are dead wrong. Definitely one of the more sketchy things I've done! I liked the assignments where we just caught rat snakes and stuff though, those guys are very chill.

Bah, snakes are fine. I remember one time we were at a horse show and a big ole rat snake slithered into the ring, causing everything to grind to a screeching halt as everyone freaked out. My mom finally went "Oh for Pete's sake!" went over, grabbed the snake, and chucked it into the nearby forest. I've never seen so many jaws drop all at once. My mom's a badass!

A couple years ago I took a Herpetology class as an elective during my grad degree. One of our assignments was to float/swim down a river to look for water moccasins to capture and tag. If you ever think that you might be able to swim faster than a snake, you are dead wrong. Definitely one of the more sketchy things I've done! I liked the assignments where we just caught rat snakes and stuff though, those guys are very chill.

Have you checked around your house lately?:oops:;)

First, I wish your wide a speedy and complete recovery.

Second, my wife replaced the belt on the riding mower and disassembled a GFCI pool filter switch to dry out the inside. But can I get her to have any interest in helping me with the cars? Nope.

Back