• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Head First into TIG Welding

it appears that someone needs a bigger garage!
No doubt. When I finally get out of this hell hole known as Illinois that is top of the list when looking for a new property. For now, I have to make do. I thought about putting the mustang in storage somewhere but am just not comfortable with that idea.

No doubt. When I finally get out of this hell hole known as Illinois that is top of the list when looking for a new property. For now, I have to make do. I thought about putting the mustang in storage somewhere but am just not comfortable with that idea.

bring it to my house....I seem to have cheap storage rates according to the local StangFix brethren.

After having spent a lot of time watch Welding tips/tricks, Jody just makes Tig welding(or any other type) look so easy! Of course he does! My multipurpose welder(chinese), I bought it for the plasma cutter part, but played with the Tig, but never accomplished a decent weld, but after it was under water for so long that was the end of it:( I sure miss the plasma cutter:(

Dne', if you ever jump back into the market for a new welder save your money on the multi-functional stuff. It's true that you can sometimes find something that can do lots of stuff its just that it doesn't do any of them really well. Much better off buying dedicated units for each task. For example, you can get a really good mig and a plasma cutter for the same coin as my Lincoln multi machine. And each will be ready to go when you need it and not require a bunch or effort to switch back and forth.

Besides, we all love more new tools anyway!

Back