• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Head light troubles

jdack3

Blackpony65
I have a 65 fastback my lowbeams want come on! I replaced the dimmer switch new headlights highbeams work fine all the connections seem to be tight.

Check the grounds on the wiring to the headlights. There should be one near the drivers side headlight.

Also, use a volt meter to trace where power is....and is not. Replacing on a guess is not good. I bet you have a wire issue between the dimmer switch and the headlight plugs based on power getting to the high beams. That same power is used for the low beams if my old memory is right....The dimmer only has three wires to it I believe....power in and two power out to each beam.
http://midlife66.com/wiring/66exter1.jpg

A bad ground would affect both low and high beams. Probably a bad connection between the dimmer switch and the driver's side headlight for the red/black wire (low beams).

Hey! Thanks for the help Guys I found my problem it was a broke hot wire going to splice it together than replace it this winter going to put on a new wire harness.

Back