• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Heater vent stuck

limeyboy

The a/c works fine in my 70 mach 1 and even though the centre vent connection tube is missing she used to blow lots of cold air out of the centre duct.
Yesterday I changed from heating the screen ( its nearly winter here!) to a/c and the air still came out the screen vents and not the a/c centre and side vents. I cant get it to blow anything out the floor vents either.
I took the centre vent out ( it's not fixed, no fittings) and could feel / hear something moving in the dash but the air still only seems to come out the screen vents.
I've had the dash out before to change to LED bulbs but don't want to again if possible so can anyone tell me which bit has broken, I saw a white plastic arm on the right hand side of the screen vent that looked like it could do with changing when the dash was out, could this be the problem or is it a vacuum line job?

Its quite awhile ago I dissambled a dash from a 69-70. But one thing stuck me by that it is quite easy to remove the upper portion of the dash. That would be enough to diagnose a fault. IMHO.
Or am I wrong ??

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

It isn't difficult but you know what it's like when you keep doing up and undoing 50 year old stuff, it's not good for it.
As I dont need the a/c until next year I may leave it and collect up a couple of bits I know are missing / need replacing and do it in the spring.
It was just if anyone said there's an easy fix

Back