• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Heavy into Shag's electrical

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Finally stopped long enough to take a pic of what I'm doing to Shag. Installing new Painless wiring throughout, currently concentrating on the dash harness. Yesterday installed new light and ignition switch. At home I'm building a Autometer gauge setup in a new 68 bezel as done by Fast68back. Pics to follow shortly.

and yes this pic shows the dash color as being almost white, yet it's actually a darker Parchment.
4_29_09_09_6_34_17.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice Craig. Is the harness already bundled like in the picture, or did you have to do that? Looks like some nice work.

Already reasonably bundled but I do need to tweak it here and there as I go along. I'm doing the wrapping with non adhesive electrical tape.

How do you get the tape to not unravel if it doesn't have adhesive?

Guess I should have mentioned that I do put a single wrap of regular black tape at the ends. Couple times already I wrapped too much harness and had to unwrap uncover a wire or two and what a breeze it was.

Oh and Randy, I found a new 67 ignition switch in my stash that I used instead of the 68. Much easier to use for this application with this new wiring.

"Midlife" said:
How do you get the tape to not unravel if it doesn't have adhesive?

Uses homemade special organic Kalifornia adhesive, you really most likely want to know more than that :mj

"Bite Me" said:
Uses homemade special organic Kalifornia adhesive, you really most likely want to know more than that :mj

Oh and when the engine compartment harnesses warm up from the engine heat, it will put off this certain Hemp odor. oh yeah :cool

Looking good señior.

Are you making any mods to the harness?... like relays for the headlights to run on straight battery power, or adding a "key on" power distribution block?

Yeah, thats a crappy photo for it is actually on the darkside of the parchment spectrum.

Back