• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Heavy into Shag's electrical

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Finally stopped long enough to take a pic of what I'm doing to Shag. Installing new Painless wiring throughout, currently concentrating on the dash harness. Yesterday installed new light and ignition switch. At home I'm building a Autometer gauge setup in a new 68 bezel as done by Fast68back. Pics to follow shortly.

and yes this pic shows the dash color as being almost white, yet it's actually a darker Parchment.
4_29_09_09_6_34_17.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice Craig. Is the harness already bundled like in the picture, or did you have to do that? Looks like some nice work.

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Already reasonably bundled but I do need to tweak it here and there as I go along. I'm doing the wrapping with non adhesive electrical tape.

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
How do you get the tape to not unravel if it doesn't have adhesive?

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Guess I should have mentioned that I do put a single wrap of regular black tape at the ends. Couple times already I wrapped too much harness and had to unwrap uncover a wire or two and what a breeze it was.

Oh and Randy, I found a new 67 ignition switch in my stash that I used instead of the 68. Much easier to use for this application with this new wiring.

Bite Me

"Midlife" said:
How do you get the tape to not unravel if it doesn't have adhesive?

Uses homemade special organic Kalifornia adhesive, you really most likely want to know more than that :mj

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
"Bite Me" said:
Uses homemade special organic Kalifornia adhesive, you really most likely want to know more than that :mj

Oh and when the engine compartment harnesses warm up from the engine heat, it will put off this certain Hemp odor. oh yeah :cool

garner67

Looking good señior.

Are you making any mods to the harness?... like relays for the headlights to run on straight battery power, or adding a "key on" power distribution block?

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Yeah, thats a crappy photo for it is actually on the darkside of the parchment spectrum.