• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

help mr wizard electrical problem.

mongrel

hey all.my problem is i have no brake or turn signal on drivers rear.headlight are fine.i have replaced bulb.headlight switch,turn signal switch,taillight wiring harness.i checked the plug coming out of the steering column and no power at the green and orange side.has anyone ever had this problem or any idea where to look next.any help would be great. i've never had this car on the road :ecitbut i hope to this year.i have a wiring diagram and will study it tonight. thanks for any and all help mark sorry it's a 66 coupe wow i must be tired

You need to trace the wiring for the turn/brake thru all plugs. Find where power is at and then you will be able to find the defect, Do you have a flasher system? How about the brake light switch? Still sounds like the turn signal switch or wiring.

what Pete said and there is one more switch, the brake switch... the turn signal and brake lights go thru the turn signal switch and brake switch.

:vic thanks guys.after checking everything again i discovered the turn signal switch i just installed is bad.i could pull up on the lever and everything would work.my shopping list for the columbus swap meet just got larger.thanks again mark

Back