• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hey NorCal people!!!

"cmayna" said:
Barb and I are staying overnight in Carmel. Don't feel like going home same night that we just spent hours at a local strip joint, supporting "2The-Bar".

Holly's cafe in Pacific Grove has pretty good breakfast Craig. Just a heads up they are a cash only establishment.

I just got the OK to buy us all a round of drinks from a very graciouse forum member who can't be there. The identity is a seceret till the event but - THANK YOU !
FREE BEER ! :beer :lunc :g_beer

oh man!! I'm on the wagon between now and then. And I assume a couple pole dancers are included with the free drinks? Female that is!!

Reservation set at 6pm. tomorrow . .:wald . . First round is already paid for :beer

The wheather doesn't look good so I got us a spot inside. They have nice outside seating but we'll see. I'm sure they can move us if it's nice.

So I'm sitting here at the bar telling the bar tender that the first round is PAID for....why doesn't he believe me? :roll

So, did everyone make it home ok? I had to slow down at one point because the wind was wreaking havoc on my windshield wipers!

Thanks to John (Opentracker) and Bruno from Belgium (B67FSTB) for their generosity. When ya comin' to the Bay Area for a visit, Bruno?

Someone will be along to post pictures shortly, I'm sure.

Frank

Yeah. Just got home. Always a pleasure meeting up with everyone.

Congratulations to David and his lovely wife on their first year anniversary.

A huge thank you to John (http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com) for dinner (super unexpected) and Bruno all the way from Belgium for the first round of drinks (the night was just full of surprises).

a6cd88f9-c53a-74e4.jpg

You really need to get yourself out here Bruno. Put some wings and a jet pack on that 67 you will be here in a jif.

Stayed out in Carmel and broke two umbrellas on the beach by 60 mile an hour winds and watching the 12 foot waves.

Drove down to Monterey on THE 1 to pacific grove and took 17 mile drive up to Asilomar state beach. it was absolutely CRAZY.

I will update with pics and videos of the crazyness. The drive back on THE 17 was the most dangerous I have ever driven it, it was extremely exciting and loved every second of it.

Thank you again John for the sample welding pieces and I really look forward to getting together soon.

Note: I think the wind is going to knock my house down right now. Holly Crap!

Oh yeah. Forgot to add that while in Carmel, stopped at El Fornaio for a Cappuccino and found the following.
a6cd88f9-d18c-77e0.jpg

A super clean Aston Martin got smashed by this huge flag pole that was bolted on the side of the restaurant. Very sad to see.

169-200311084451.jpeg

Thanks to Bruno for the round of drinks, we did enjoy them.

Shari and I had a great time. It is always nice hooking up with the gang, I wish we could do more of it. There was talk about the Knott's show and we sure hope to make it one year soon. I think everyone enjoyed the food, most of the plates looked empty by the time they were picked up. As you can see, there is lot's of car stuff all over the walls, Baja Cantina is a great car guy place to eat and hang out.

Yeah we made it back to the hotel just fine. We were at a stop light and a big gust of wind came through and really shook the car!!!!! Haven't felt a big gust wind like that in a long time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

"Opentracker" said:
169-200311084451.jpeg

Thanks to Bruno for the round of drinks, we did enjoy them.

Shari and I had a great time. It is always nice hooking up with the gang, I wish we could do more of it. There was talk about the Knott's show and we sure hope to make it one year soon. I think everyone enjoyed the food, most of the plates looked empty by the time they were picked up. As you can see, there is lot's of car stuff all over the walls, Baja Cantina is a great car guy place to eat and hang out.

Hello guys and gails
I do hope I did surprise you all !!
Thanks to John and Shari who made this happen. :thu
This way , I want to thank you all for letting me be part of StangFix dispite the fact that I don't always find the right words to express myself.
Buying a round of drinks is an international act understood by everyone I guess.Meaning I like you all guys.
I am trying to come over next year because I want that sign John and Shari made!!! :thu
Bruno. :bowdown

OOH forgot something!! Congratulations to David and his lovely wife on their first year anniversary

Echoing the sentiment expressed in the prior posts, Thanks John, Shari, & Bruno for helping to make the evening even more enjoyable. Congrats again Dave and Jen on your first anniversary and the excuse (not that this crowd needs an excuse!!) to party. Lynn and I had a great time, even with Mike flopping down for the photo!! On the drive back the wind gusts as we were leaving Carmel Valley were of concern so I decided to avoid Highway 17 over the summit with all the trees along side the roadway and took 156 over to 101 but the rain created quite a few large standing puddles on the roadway and at one point north of Morgan Hill the CHP was conducting a running road block to allow for the removal of crash debris from the roadway as somone apparently hydroplaned and smacked the center divide barrier.

4-200311085647.jpeg

Clockwise starting on the far left we have KBMWRS laying on the laps of JeffTepper and his wife Lynn, John Dinkel (OpentrackerRacingProducts) with his wife Shari standing behind him, David67 (his wife Jennifer is taking the pic) from SoCal visiting Monterey, CA celebrating their first anniversary, abrahamfh & wife Christine, Frank (Crustycurmudgeon), Barbara and I. And yes that hand on my should belongs to my wife, not of Long Arm Frank.

Though we had some real crappy weather to deal with, it didn't stop the fun. Thanks to Bruno for the international round of drinks and also to Opentracker for the foods. Note to self....invite these two more often.

Now for some reason KBMWRS kept telling me I had to go the the bathroom with me kept saying :wtf Suddenly I knew it was time.

Had I known what they use for wall decorations, I would have had "that' urge much sooner.

4-200311085859.jpeg

4-200311085755.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask your lovely wife Barbara what kind of pics where hanging in de lady's room ???
Fuelpumps with nozzles hanging ............. ??? :roll :roll

I told you guys the decor in the mens room was interesting .

First time I saw that photo I told myself, " dang, you need to learn how to do body painting ".

Dang....we have the greatest people here in NorCal Stang Fix.....ok SoCal too.......

Opentracker John...again with the grabbing of the check. :thu
And also the round of drinks from our OTHER NorCaler, Bruno...I think he lives up in the high Sierras...someplace called Belgium....must be near Placerville. :confu

Yes Belgium IS past of Norrthern California now. Bruno IS a NorCal guy! :thu :beer

After dinner we did all sit in the bar area by the fieplace but no-one ordered drinks...why...because of the drastic weather outside we all knew we couldn't be staying late and driving in that mess. I headed out and made it okay. No problems but some major side winds along Hwy 1 ( I will NOT say THE Hwy 1). And Frank get some RainX....I didn't even use my wipers at all. That stuff works.

John and Bruno thank you again for a great evening. It is always fun being with such good friends.

Mike

Wow, nice event and it sounds like everyone had a good time. Sorry I was not able to make it.

Back