• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Hi Po exhaust manifolds

"fordrule" said:
i am now wondering if the hi-po manifolds will fit the 80 302 I am getting jon?

No reason why they shouldn't fit. As mentioned somewhere.....some after market ones had problems with the bolt holes lining up. That can be fixed easy though. Might effect the type clutch linkage you need to get.

and I have a c4 and I wouldn't mind going to AOD..so I think we would be good about the clutch linkage. All i would need is get a h-pipe to connect to them....

H pipe can be done by any shop, has nothing to do with the manifolds. If you are planning on buying an entire setup, just get a set made for the hipo setup.

The 351W exhaust manifolds are very similar to the 289HiPo manifolds and should bolt-up just fine, cheap, and flow good compared to regular 289/302 ex manifolds.

"AzPete" said:
Then I asked why Summit listed the port shape as oval and they had no answer for that, even looking at the Summit site for them.

the port shape listed isn't based on the head port, but the flange on the headers. some companies crimp the primaries to a square shape & have a square hole in the flange that matches the port in the head. other brands have slightly oversized round holes in the flange & the primary tubes are left round & uncrimped. just a shortcut in the fabrication process...

Back