• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How do I?

RustyRed

I received from Mustang Mania today the connections I needed to hook my turn signal harness to my under dash harness.

Thankfully, they left me a couple inches of wire on each side so that I can see which color wire goes in each spot.

I admit that I haven't had time to really look at it yet and I am pretty tired this evening but how do I get the old pins out of the plastic connector so that I can put the new ones in?

Is there some way to pinch it with a pair of needle nose or something along those lines?

Depends on the connector type. There should be some sort of lug on the terminal that has to be released to back it out.
Spade terms usually have a hole on the top side of the terminal(not the connector) that engages a lug on the connector.
Bullets will have a barb or two on the terminal that engage a slot in the connector.

A small pick should get the job done.

As I previously said, a ball point pen shell will slide over those pins. When you push all the way down, the empty shell will push the barb inwards, and you'll be able to pull the wire out from the other side.

Thanks Mid...will give it a try.

Hopefully Friday evening this week.

I had a bad sinus kind of head ache last night...think it is the pressure changes, fronts always affect me in strange ways but I do recall now that you mentioned using a pen shell.

Back