• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

How to refurbish hardware

Sandblasted some more parts.
468-150514075542-405538.jpeg

Parts like that ratcheting control thingy are much better of they are subjected to electrolysis. The electrolysis not only gets rid of the rust, it gets into every tiny crevice, freeing up the action, and then distributes a light galvanic coating in the end.

Parts like that ratcheting control thingy are much better of they are subjected to electrolysis. The electrolysis not only gets rid of the rust, it gets into every tiny crevice, freeing up the action, and then distributes a light galvanic coating in the end.

That ratcheting control thingy is for holding barbwire while tighten it. After zinc plating it, I just hit it with some oil after each use. Still looks good after 5 years of use.

That ratcheting control thingy is for holding barbwire while tighten it. After zinc plating it, I just hit it with some oil after each use. Still looks good after 5 years of use.

Seems the one dad made me use didn't look like that. More like a load binder. I can see where a ratchet would be useful in that situation.

Wow, nice work. Since its a large part, I was wondering how the fuel filler tube came out? Do you have any links/info on phosphate/oil and zinc plating?

Back