• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Howdy!

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Many of you know I restore/refurbish vintage Mustang underdash harnesses at a reasonable price ($175) and a 2 year guaranty. My aim is to make each and every customer 110% satisfied.

What you may not know are some other aspects of wiring work I offer. Ever need a strange or unusual connector that isn't reproduced? I have over 80 harnesses that are cannibalized, and several boxes of engine and tailight harnesses that can also be used to harvest organs...errr...donate connectors. Got a question of how something works or supposed to work? I can usually answer your question, as I have amassed an amazing amount of documentation. Some, I've had to reverse engineer, such as the 1967 and 1968 tachometer wirings, which are not publicly available.

Anyway, enough of this! As an inaugural feature of this forum, I'm offering any StangFix member a 10% discount or a 10% donation to StangFix (your choice) of any underdash harness effort ordered by Feb. 28, 2010. And, if you have a 1971 harness, I'll refurbish the first one in for free! Wait! There's more! I'll even throw in a set of Kinzu knives: guaranteed to cut through 16 foot thick sequoia tree trunks with a single stroke!

So...this is a great Xmas gift idea: buy your spouse a refurbished harness for you to use! He/she would appreciate it so much more than some silly jewelry or vacuum cleaner!

Hey, aren't there rules about this type of advertising??????????

Nice add Mid. Hope you get something to do out of it. lol

Good thing I held off sending my 65 harness.... Now 10% will go to Stangfix! Sweet! :$$$

"AzPete" said:
Hey, aren't there rules about this type of advertising??????????

Nice add Mid. Hope you get something to do out of it. lol

Yeah, I hope to finally get rid of those damn knives!

Hey, Mid finally has his "own" little world.........congrats :pep

Mid,
I wish I would have known you a few years back when I converted my 67 to a factory Tach! I can attest to the fact that no diagram is available (that I could find anyway)!

EFI swap harnesses

That's where the real money is..... I paid ~$550 for the aftermarket RJM harness to avoid having to "re-wire" an OEM harness. Someone like Randy could probably figure out/modify for use the late model EFI harness in his sleep.

Good afternoon Mid, first off congratulations on the Stangfix spot.

I would like to take advantage of your offer and would like to know if you have a process that you would like us to follow so that you get everything that you need.

BTW: I unfortunately did snip off a couple of the connectors where I was unable to get them to come off of whatever it was connected to, and I know that will change the price but I would still like to donate that 10% off of whatever it comes out to to stangfix.

Thanks in advance Mid

"abrahamfh" said:
Good afternoon Mid, first off congratulations on the Stangfix spot.

I would like to take advantage of your offer and would like to know if you have a process that you would like us to follow so that you get everything that you need.

BTW: I unfortunately did snip off a couple of the connectors where I was unable to get them to come off of whatever it was connected to, and I know that will change the price but I would still like to donate that 10% off of whatever it comes out to to stangfix.

Thanks in advance Mid

No change in price for missing connectors; I charge a flat rate regardless of condition. It's simply easier for everyone involved. If you can salvage the now missing connectors, that would be wonderful, but not required.

My basic instructions are:
Remove all bulbs, flashers, switches and fuses, as I can't refurbish them and it saves both of us $$ by not shipping dead weight. I recommend UPS or FedEx Ground, no signature required. Both companies have excellent local service, and the SWMBO is always home. Insurance up to $400 is available for no extra charge. Enclose a personal check in the package, along with your shipping address. Indicate whether your 10% discount is for you or for StangFix (I guess I could figure that out by the amount on the check, huh?). E-mail me a tracking number so I can watch it come across the country. I'll contact you when the box arrives, and post updates on its progress. When done, I use FedEx Ground and provide you the tracking number.

I'm not going to post my address here on the web for all to see. Simply PM me and I'll provide it and my phone number.

Thanks for all the info Randy. Harness removal has commenced. I have some questions for ya but will post them up on my build thread.
Thanks again

"Midlife" said:
No change in price for missing connectors; I charge a flat rate regardless of condition. It's simply easier for everyone involved. If you can salvage the now missing connectors, that would be wonderful, but not required.

My basic instructions are:
Remove all bulbs, flashers, switches and fuses, as I can't refurbish them and it saves both of us $$ by not shipping dead weight. I recommend UPS or FedEx Ground, no signature required. Both companies have excellent local service, and the SWMBO is always home. Insurance up to $400 is available for no extra charge. Enclose a personal check in the package, along with your shipping address. Indicate whether your 10% discount is for you or for StangFix (I guess I could figure that out by the amount on the check, huh?). E-mail me a tracking number so I can watch it come across the country. I'll contact you when the box arrives, and post updates on its progress. When done, I use FedEx Ground and provide you the tracking number.

I'm not going to post my address here on the web for all to see. Simply PM me and I'll provide it and my phone number.

Mid,
I need a factory tach dash harness restored and the tailight harness as well for my 67 GT500
PM me please with address

In a couple weeks I might send you some craptastic harness pieces parts for you to scavenge pieces from, rather than tossing them out. Ain't got time to dig through them but will before I move.

Mid, we emailed last year and I am now ready to rewire my 67. However, what is left of my harness is just bits and shreds. What do you recommend for my next step, and can you provide any service concerning that step?
Cheers,
Terry

I accept any underdash harness in any condition as a core, so send it in and I can send back a refurbished harness that is sitting on the shelf. Not a problem.

I have my 6 cyl one can I do a swap for an engine bay v8 one? I might have togo to a local yard and pick off a harness off a later model EFI Harness. let me know

All 6 cylinder Mustangs have the same underdash harnesses as the V8's, and are acceptable as a core. Unfortunately, I won't accept a late-model EFI harness as a core, because none of it can be salvaged for the vintage Mustangs.

Randy -- Can you do a 65 Comet harness? It should be very close to an early Mustang's...with the exception of using a 4-Headlamp system, as opposed to a 2-lamp system like our Mustangs. Color codes should be the same as a 65 Mustang. The instruments appear to be identical to a 66 Mustang's.

Glenn

Back