• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I know it's happened before, but this still pisses me off

Yep, really sucks. That is one reason we sold out in Az. when we did. The talk was beginning on what land to take for going from two lane to four lane. I figured to sell before a decision was made. My old place will loose from 75 to 125 feet along a 325 foot frontage. Nice chunk off of 4 acres. They say money will be paid but I researched their market value and it was about 30% of real life. The new owners know the road will be widened but say the state cannot just take the land.......yea, right.

OK, I'm onboard with a memorial but 2200 acres?

What the hell do they need that kind of space for?

This has been bothering me as well.
Hit home about government land grabbing.

My grandfather in law has several acres in fla. that he has had for years.
He actually used as a forestry service approved tree farm for years.
A while back a church down the street approached him about buying the land and so when it got to the negation stage a Gov official poped up and claimed it to all be wetland habitats. (Tree Farm not wetland)
The deal was if he gave (Donated) them 20 something acres they would allow him to develop 1.

Then the story he told the agent should be published so every American land owner could read.

He said when I was about 19 years old uncle Sam came calling and I joined up.
They put a rifle in my hand and told us this little country Korea was in a civil war north and south.

The enemy is just taking the poor peoples land. As Americans we cant allow this to happen.
After the great war it was seen how evil swept across Europe as country's land had been overtaken by hostile forces.
So as he and his squad battled and was injured and some lost their lives over a fight for foreign soil to keep it in the hands of its rightful owners.

Now you stand before telling me your just going to call a bush indigenous to wet lands and take my land from me?
I have fought bitter battles over land that wasnt mine so you can guess where to put your proposal.

He hasnt tried to sell it and is now searching loop holes to be able to use his land as he wants to as his right to he has earned.

I must be an abnormal prick, but I just don't get this whole we need 2,200 acres for a memorial. How many millions of dollars does it take to help these families mourn? I've lost family members over the years and I still don't need to go to their graves to remember them. They are part of me and can bring me to tears anywhere at any time.

I would bet most people don't even have a concept of how big 2,200 acres actually is, let go of the 500 and use the 1,700 that has already been obtained. The only people that will notice are the greedy power hungry bastards wanting to steal the land now!

Why do they need that much land? If they got 80% already, stick with that and leave the other folks out of it. Honestly, I'm speechless. There's no reason for a land grab.

I give it a few years, then this country will be a copy of Soviet Russia. A country ran by corrupt bureaucrats, unions, and gov't backed brute squads. Paranoid??? Maybe..

Back