• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I'm starting my own grabber orange gang.

68EFIvert

I figure that since Dave took the lead I had to do something to keep up. Evidently last week when I drove over to Portland to get my hair cut I was going a little faster than I should have. I got a nice little picture of me in my car this afternoon. I was doing 47 in a 35. Damn ticket was for $190 big ones. Now I have to figure out if it comes up on my driving record. If it does I may try to fight it. If it doesn't I just send in the check and say screw you Oregon. :bird

Anyone know if photo tickets show up on your driving record? Basically want to know if my insurance goes up. :rp The only good thing is I was early for my $35 hair cut.

I will be wearing this since Florida now will be putting up red light cameras.....
515773-T800600.jpg

Hehehe, I read a study once that showed that red light cameras caused more accidents than it prevented, costing the city and state more money in emergency response.

Mel

I have read the same on the red light cameras. They just passed a bill to allow them locally.

In a simple trip across town, I can bet on at least 7 cars that will run the light as I am stopping for it. Most red lights here seem to get at least one car running a solid red, and they will be well before the crosswalk when the red hits. I watch my mirrors close and will pull a stop on yellow just to upset the entire process. Funny to see the surprised look on some.

Then, on the opposite side, all traffic waits a couple of seconds after a light turns green just in case they are meeting themselves running the light from the other side. You really don't jump out on a green light here.

Not at all what I was used to in Az. Not near as many yellow/red light runners.

Yellows are long here in Utah and the walk signs show a count down until it turns and thus you get a yellow. I like it in the bus. Some yellow lights hit real quick and I am too close to stop and too far to get it on the yellow. So I have to blow the horn and run it.

I would rather stop on a yellow, but you can not through your passengers through the window because the yellow lasts 3.5 milliseconds. I have found the lights that are the shortest have cameras on them. this totally sucks, there should be a minimum time for the yellow if you are putting a camera on it.

Some signals in SLC have a warning light that blinks 1/4 mile back to tell you it is turning yellow.

Mel

Another advantage to living in a COUNTY with only one light!

I called my insurance guy today and asked him about the ticket and how it would impact my insurance. He said that it wasn't a big deal to get one but if I got a couple then rates would ride. I like the idea of mailing a copy of the money. That would be funny to receive if you worked for the city. Somehow I don't think I would have been the first to do that. I may just make a copy of the money when I return the ticket with my check. Next time I drive through this area I will look for it and give the camera the bird.

Before I mail it I am going to drive by and see where the warning sign is that tells you about photo enforcement. I guess it is an OR law that states it must have a sign 100-400 yards before the camera trap. If if is further than that I may fight it. I've played soccer against a team of Portland Police officers and they were the biggest group of ass holes I have ever played against. I wouldn't doubt it if there was a camera where it wasn't supposed to be.

"blue65coupe" said:
or a list of Kevin's jokes

Careful, you don't really want to be on Kevin's ass rape joke list do you?

"silverblueBP" said:
Careful, you don't really want to be on Kevin's ass rape joke list do you?

I believe that the joke I posted about SOMEONE named Mark with big ears was about butt sex with the full consent of the participants.

By the way, did you buy your ears at either Sams or Costco? I ask because you obviously bought them in bulk.

Now I see why you changed professions :eek:mg

:ecit

BTW, those stores were not around back then, they're blue light specials.......thankyouverymuch.

Back