• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Installing a fuel sending unit

I had no idea there was a tool for installing/removing that lock ring! Other than a screwdriver and hammer, of course.

"manley" said:
I had no idea there was a tool for installing/removing that lock ring! Other than a screwdriver and hammer, of course.

+1

Only that i used a hard piece of wood and a hammer to tap the ring in place. I was afraid of getting a spark when hammering with a screwdriver and igniting the gas fumes. (Changed the sending unit and lost some drops of gasoline when i took the old one out...)

I'd really like to know where one can buy that tool: it isn't in the NPD catalog.

Thanks for the post Grabber. I spent a while looking around online trying to find one of those. If that link dies, it looks like you can find that tool for sale all over searching for - Performance Tool W80669 Ford FUELPUMP Retainer Tool

Yeah, but I have really always enjoy knocking the crap out of stuff with the bfh on the stang...lol Kind of helps me get even for the two times it stranded me on the side of the road!!!

Back