• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Instrument Cluster/Dash pad removal

jmbour66

I'm trying to remove the Instrument Cluster and the dash pad on my 73 Vert. The cluster is fully loose on the left but the right side (speedometer side) I can't get free, this lead me to believe that I needed to remove the dash pad in order to disconnect the lights and speedometer (not sure if that is right or not) but now I can't figure out how to get the dash pad out.......

Not at all. There's very few 71-73 owners here, that's all.

On the upside.....I stand a chance of at least being nominated for the car of the month.

On the down side: I still have a non-60's stang.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

The Dash Pad came out (6 screws under the front lip, 2 screws on back edge of soft pad, lift front and pull back) and did expose the back of the instrument cluster.

Now I need some advise on disconnecting the Speedometer Cable........

Ah hah! I learned something new for I thought it would be like the 60's mustang having a threaded cap that you undo by hand.

Re: Re: Instrument Cluster/Dash pad removal

"cmayna" said:
Ah hah! I learned something new for I thought it would be like the 60's mustang having a threaded cap that you undo by hand.

I can tell you it is real son of a gun to get back together, there is zero play in the cable and it has to line right up. I ended up pulling the stereo in order to access the cable.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Back