• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Joining "the other" Grabber Orange gang....

DA's office visit was a bust. Even with my "clean" record the fucknut ADA wouldn't deal the 78 in a 55 down to less than 10 over outside of court. Then why when I made the appointment did your office state to make an appointment to discuss any deals? Wasted an hour of my life.

Screw it. I hired an attorney to represent my interests....

1. Not losing my license.
2. Not gaining any points on my driving record that would reflect on my insurance premiums.

Duane, are you going to be in MB the weekend of May 15th? Buy me a beer if you see me as my beer drinking fund just took a major hit.

Yes Dave, I'll be there. I've got you covered. You need to find the DA out somewhere and use a little "cell phone etiquette".

Dave, not that there is a bright side to all this but many things could have been worse.
No one else was involved (property, lawsuits) and there was no physical damage.
I agree that the monetary hit will hurt and losing your license for 23mph over is just wrong. Sure hope you get some good news. The bad feeling right now is not knowing , I'm guessing.

Sure hope you get some good news. The bad feeling right now is not knowing , I'm guessing.

Nope, I'm done with it. The lawyer stated not to worry and he'd take care of everything. One of those satisfaction guaranteed type things. He's 99% certain he can get it thrown out to a non-moving violation of "faulty equipment" and 100% certain that if he can't get the faulty equipment copout he can get it reduced to under 9MPH over the posted speed limit. Either way for me, no points on my license, no premium increase.

What pisses me off the most about this is our local system. Well, besides my lack of judgement and getting caught..... Our local system is in place it seems to do nothing other than provide a means of support for our smaller law firms. The DA's office won't discuss 78 in a 55 "outside of court", but "go hire yourself a lawyer and you'll be fine". The lawyer already explained to me that he'd puruse continuance's until either the State Trooper didn't appear or the case got assigned to one of the busier ADA's who could care less about a speeding ticket.

Whatever. I know how the system works, but I don't have to like it.

Yeah the system feeds on itself....need a lawyer for almost everything. :rp

Glad I didn't get pinched when I was doing 160. That would have been bad. :amaz

Well Dave, that is the same way it worked in CO too. Even worse the fact I was an out of stater.....

As Mike I am happy I didn't get pinched in the new Camaro last week. The top end on that thing was like 130. Could have been jail time in CA.

Mike and I will just have to be more careful....

Mel

"daveSanborn" said:
Duane, are you going to be in MB the weekend of May 15th? Buy me a beer if you see me as my beer drinking fund just took a major hit.

Damn, both of you are gonna be in town that weekend?

"blue65coupe" said:
Yes Dave, I'll be there. I've got you covered.

What a guy! :)

I see some Irish Car Bombs in your future Dave!

"KBMWRS" said:
Yeah the system feeds on itself....need a lawyer for almost everything. :rp

You say that like it is a bad thing. :$$$

Now that you guys know that my day job is practicing law, you understand more about the ass rape jokes.....Dave, that strategy of stringing it out until the trooper no-shows is a tried and true tactic. That will work and the DA knows it. That is how your lawyer gets the leverage to move the case down to a non-moving violation or a lesser speeding charge.

Kev

"ko67" said:
Now that you guys know that my day job is practicing law, you understand more about the ass rape jokes....

Kev

Ohhhhh, I get it now. So you really ARE an ass-raper. No wonder you're so scared of being on the receiving end.

"beach pony" said:
Damn, both of you are gonna be in town that weekend?

What a guy! :)

I see some Irish Car Bombs in your future Dave!

Yeah Ron, I'll be there. I'm not real sure how much venturing we'll be doing. We'll be up at the same place near Ocean Annies. You and Dave need to head up there one day with the women folk. We've got a first floor room and you're gonna love the reason...aside from no stairs. I'm pulling the slushy machine and taking it down there to make some frozen Beam and Coke and whatever the others want to concoct and we're gonna run an extension cord from the room to the pool. Fo' real brutha. With that thing and the cooler full of beer we're figuring on turning that pool into a real swim-up bar. I'm just wondering how long it's gonna take before we get reprimanded.

"blue65coupe" said:
Ohhhhh, I get it now. So you really ARE an ass-raper. No wonder you're so scared of being on the receiving end.

You just now get that????? As soon as he said what his "day job" was, I thought it would have been obvious :eek:mg

:ecit

"blue65coupe" said:
I'm pulling the slushy machine and taking it down there to make some frozen Beam and Coke and whatever the others want to concoct and we're gonna run an extension cord from the room to the pool. Fo' real brutha.
water_electric.jpg

"silverblueBP" said:
You just now get that????? As soon as he said what his "day job" was, I thought it would have been obvious :eek:mg

:ecit

I thought it was just another one of his sick jokes. I mean, there's not a lot of difference. And Pete, while that looks....interesting...the extension cord will STOP at the edge of the pool. I may be dumb but I ain't Mark.

Really, I'd hook the cord over my ears....NO WAY it would ever touch the water then!

"silverblueBP" said:
Really, I'd hook the cord over my ears....NO WAY it would ever touch the water then!

I'll never look at an extension cord wrapper/holder thingy the same. lol

"ko67" said:
You say that like it is a bad thing. :$$$

Now that you guys know that my day job is practicing law, you understand more about the ass rape jokes.....Dave, that strategy of stringing it out until the trooper no-shows is a tried and true tactic. That will work and the DA knows it. That is how your lawyer gets the leverage to move the case down to a non-moving violation or a lesser speeding charge.

Kev

Hey Texas lawyer with a red '67 vert can't be ALL bad. :lol :vic

Now you'll get all the Dear Abbey type questions for all of Dave's illegal activites (supposed). :craz

Now you'll get all the Dear Abbey type questions for all of Dave's illegal activites (supposed).

Good point.

For instance, in the brushy area between my property and my neighbors, there appears to be an illegal weed growing. It's not mine and it's not his (I don't believe it's his anyway). I'd really rather not get involved as if it is his and I report him it could cause harm to come to me or my family. So basically out of fear I'm remaining silent. So I plan to just leave them alone, maybe one of these days I'll cut them down when no-ones around? My question is: "While these plants are still in their growing stage, could I get into trouble for not reporting them to the authorities?" I think they may be an illegal substance, but am not a botonist so WTF do I know? Remember, they're not on my property..... and I'm scared/worried that reporting them could cause me/my family harm.

Next question.

Do you have any law school buddies specializing in criminal defense in NC?

Next question.

What's the average sentence for manufacture and distribution of a controlled substance?

Just curious, thanks!

You and Dave need to head up there one day with the women folk.

we're figuring on turning that pool into a real swim-up bar.

Can we ride to the hotel or do we have to swim there? It'll probably be easier if we ride there. We're staying at Compass Cove again, where TF is Ocean Annies? Exact address please, all of those hotels are indistinguishable to me.

So I assume then that we'll need some kind of swim attire? We've been to MB 6-7 years straight and I've never been to the pool..... oops.... I take that back.... a couple years ago me and Gab got yelled at for going at it in the poolside hot tub @ 3AM.... but we weren't swimming and there were no swimsuits involved.

Don,t worry Dave, it's probably just "ditch weed" Looks like the real thing but is a lot closer to hemp. Negligible thc content. Grew all over the place when I lived in Virginia Beach.

Dave, we're on the upper side of MB. I can't remember the name of the place but I'll find out. I just know it's across the street from OA. Definitely ride. And yes, it is required you and any other male companions wear a swimsuit. Actually, just plan on sitting in a lounge chair if you don't feel the need to take a dip. There is always a cooler full of beer. We're just gonna have a little extra this year.

Back