• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Just officially set my retirement date.

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Just told my boss man that DEC 31, 2024 I am retiring. I have almost a year to get the farm ready for me to move there full time. There will be a lot of stuff that needs to go. My wife and I decided to keep only one classic which will be the 68 Mustang. The 59-F100 will be sold. Maybe I can buy a lift for the barn with the truck proceeds. Lots to think about now.

On the plus side, I had a professional tuner dial in the fuel injection on the 68. What a beast it turn out to be. My grin is wider than Marks ears!

Congrats on the upcoming being a quitter... err retired. You are not really retiring, just changing jobs. ;) My biggest issue is "taking a day off". That is the wife wants to go and do something in the RV and that means I have to put my many projects on hold for a day. But then I remember that "tomorrow" I will have the time. :rolleyes:

fd

Congrats. Spend the year wisely getting yourself prepared.

Find it funny you are going to downsize the classics as my retirement plan is the exact opposite! Of course, I've got a way to go and things seem to always change so ya never know.

Congrats. Spend the year wisely getting yourself prepared.

Find it funny you are going to downsize the classics as my retirement plan is the exact opposite! Of course, I've got a way to go and things seem to always change so ya never know.
I thought my retirement would be restoring another mustang or old ranchero. But I realize my old self just can not do some of those things anymore. I keep one and see how it goes. I might buy some completed classics to tinker with but I do not know right now.

You can ! It just takes a bit longer . And keeps you a bit fitter . Namaste !

I'm in the same boat, told me boss last week that I will be retiring by the end of the year, could be Dec, could be next month...if I had health insurance it would have been last year.

Retirement, eh? What kind of tires you thinking of getting? *G*

Congrats on your upcoming retirement.

I've still got at least 15 more years. You guys make me feel young.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Being retired means that you actually had a job....AND worked!:eek: Both of which you do not qualify for. :p

Back