• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Knotts show back at Knotts

Dkutz

Got word yesterday that the Fabulous Ford Forever show is back at Knotts. Yes that's right, back home. Now the weird part. It's JANUARY 12th.

Here's the post

Hello Fabulous Fords Fans!
All of us here at the Ford Car Club Council hope that you are enjoying your summer. With everything SoCal has to offer, there is no shortage of activities during these warm and sunny months.
We have had a lot of positive messages regarding our last show. We want to thank everyone who was there for helping us have a great experience at the Stadium.
We hope that you have been anticipating when the announcement for our next show will be and here it is:
The 35th Annual Fabulous Fords Forever! show will be held on Sunday, January 12, 2020. The location will be at Knott's Berry Farm.
That's right, we are returning home for what we hope will be a tremendous show! There has been talk this may be the last one, but we want this to be the best one yet!
So, stay tuned. We have to work fast! More information will be coming very, very shortly and we hope that you will want to be a part of the action!

Oh right...I'm driving over the GrapeVine in winter. Nope.

Knotts figures it their off season so let the cars in. Only SoCal folks will show up now.

Northern California does. The roads can be ugly up here in January. It is an idiotic move by the FFF folks to have it in January. It will severely limit the attendance from outside of So Cal.

Get out and see more of this state, you have been in the south too long!

Strange that they went back. Maybe Knott's made them a deal they couldn't resist.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Oh right...I'm driving over the GrapeVine in winter. Nope.

Knotts figures it their off season so let the cars in. Only SoCal folks will show up now.
You could always take the 101 instead of the grapevine. Just saying....

They said attendance was down last year and hey couldn't afford to go back to Anaheim Stadium. I am guessing the Jan date was imposed by Knotts to get away from their prime season.

Someone forgot to pay their Amazon Prime account...
They said attendance was down last year and hey couldn't afford to go back to Anaheim Stadium. I am guessing the Jan date was imposed by Knotts to get away from their prime season.

What I was told was there are other events in April and none of the dates we're available.

In Utah there's liable to be snow. Won't be able to get the Shelby out.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Heck even in April it was dicey driving over the GrapeVine. We had snow once. Now a week after Christmas for FFF...nope

Its odd but there are seasons in California. I ride my motorcycle all over the west yet I am trapped until I depend on no snow because we are surrounded by mountains. Rain I can deal with but a 52 yo car in the snow...and then LALALand traffic...not worth it.

They moved it back to Knotts due to a smaller crowd this year at Angels Stadium. Wait until they see how small the crowd is in January. I would think many of the sponsors/vendors will take a pause before they decide to attend next year. To make matters worse, the group that run their Facebook page act like it’s no big deal and are rude to folks that question this move. I would say we have seen our last FFF.

"I would say we have seen our last FFF "

That was last year.....even bought a t-shirt.

I'm going even if I go with the Shelby crowd.

I like the venue but I may have to leave my car at home because of the snow and ice. I need 42+ degrees for the tires.

Mel

Looks like the cancelled the event because of low voter registration. It officially ends fabulous Ford forever.

Saw it coming, but they lost so much money last year when they moved to Anaheim. Also having a car show in January is not going to happen because of rain.

Yeah I think they need new leadership. I heard grumblings yesterday that those in charge aren't the best. Might be time for a change in leadership. Sad, it was always my favorite show. They are talking about doing something else in its place, but I suspect it will be much smaller. The show at Angels stadium COULD have been awesome with some better planning. And since it was a bust, they lost money. Now I think they are in a pinch. We shall see what happens.

Yeah I think they need new leadership. I heard grumblings yesterday that those in charge aren't the best. Might be time for a change in leadership. Sad, it was always my favorite show. They are talking about doing something else in its place, but I suspect it will be much smaller. The show at Angels stadium COULD have been awesome with some better planning. And since it was a bust, they lost money. Now I think they are in a pinch. We shall see what happens.

I don't know who runs FFF, but if it is the same people that control their Facebook page they definitely need to be replaced. They are unprofessional at best and actually do their best to ridicule folks when real criticism was sent their way concerning the change of venue last year and the new date this year. Just because the weather is good in LA the second week of January doesn't mean it is good all over the rest of the country, not to mention it was to be held two weeks after the holidays? Lack of brains and the ability to think coherently seem to be their strong suit!

It is a shame as I always enjoyed the event. Time to put together something different for our group!

Even though I am local was not going to enter. If January 12th was a nice day I may have gone. But that is now moot. It was fun while it lasted.

fd

Ok, they had no choice on the January date. That was Knott's saying take it or leave it.

Anaheim was a good alternative and allowed for more activities. They lost money because many of the vendors we're a no show.

I would like to see it back at Anaheim.

I think for our group if we did a meet up and see if we can get a tour of Leno's garage and cruise mullholand.

Mel

Back