• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Lack of throttle movement...

AzPete

When I test drove the '66 for the first time, I thought it was strong but not like the seller talked it should be. Once I got it home and on the road, it was a strong car. The throttle was real stiff so I investigated. The way the seller had the return spring stretched, it would play a tune & not a nice one. A few adjustments later & I was now getting full throttle instead of 3/4 as it had been. Now it runs a lot stronger and my right foot is not as tired.

Idle in neutral is 1350, in drive is 850 or so. I still have to blip the gas every sooften at a stop or it wants to die. Ahhhh, the problems driving something that was destined for a track. Tons of fun....

Gotta call and see what all it has inside for sure.

Pete,

How much manifold vacuum is she creating at idle?

... and oh yeah, how's it feel to be tinkering on an old Mustang again?

No vac. gauge currently but by feeling it, it seems an ok amount. Tranny shifts good and all. Was looking at gauges today actually. Got to have the priorities set....

Both driving and tinkering is such fun. Been a long time since I had an engine with the oldschool hp. Stop lights are a blast. lol

Pete,
If Randy doesn't have a vacuun gauge that you can borrow, I can send you mine. Let me know.

Most likely just buy one and mount it under the dash. Gotta have something else under there with that monster 5" tach and shift light.

I do believe I have a vacuum gauge, but it is a portable kind for troubleshooting. It kinda sucks... :icon_pirat:

I need to check out the adult beverage supply there one day so we may have to actually work on the ca a bit too. Have to make some plans...

The cam is a 5...something lift. Still waiting on a return call to find that out. Car has real lumpy idle. As it sits, any lower and it dies in gear. The PO said it was set up by his engine builder. Once I get more info on the build, it will help.

Yikes, "5 something" isn't the friendliest of street cams. Idling is going to be rough, but I'm sure she's a blast to drive!

I think the PO said it was 512 but I need to check for sure. Yep, it is a blast and really gets the looks. Stop lights are done in neutral for best results. If not, I have to blip the throttle a bit to keep it idling. Darn thing keeps wanting to re-blacktop the streets also. Gotta figure that one out. :naughty

It's just letting the police know where it has marked its territory...

Back