• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

lift for lower ceilings

Keep in mind, this lift only raises up to 45"s ,or 48" with the higher lift pads. I've measured from where I typically jack my stang from to the roof and looks like I'll have an 1-2" to spare before raising my ceiling with my stang! And you're so right Pete~now order the lift?? Something wrong here for sure, but I didn't have the funds until I sold my BMW motorcycle, plus you know how it is with mustang parts strung out all over the garage floor. Actually my garage is kind of roomy now! After the lift is installed, I'll be bringing my '57 chevy home from our lakehome (which still having trouble selling the lakehome!), then I can work on the front disc brake conversion on it, but the chevy won't be able to be lifted all the way in my garage, not having to use a floor jack :yah sounds like heaven!. I think this lift will open up a whole new avenue of "fun" working/playing on my cars!

"AzPete" said:
Car is done.....order the lift.....isn't that the way we do things...

No matter what lift you get, be sure you have a stop lever for the max lift point to save roof damage.

:roll hm~yeah, the hood! good point~ I'll really have to pay attention when lifting anything! Thanks for bringing that notion to my attention Pete!

"AzPete" said:
How about the clearance with the hood open?????

No problem. I would have an electrical cut off system in place running the length of the car, centered above it. Not hard to do at all. Most have one going across the top, side to side, on a conventional lift.

I never have had to lift my car with the hood open all the way. If I need the hood open I doubt I will need it open all the way because I can't reach it anyway.

So why worry about the hood open height? Just don't open the hood all the way and lift the car.

Mel

I'd love to have a lift for the Mustang but especially for the Trans Am. Probably wouldn't have much luck talking the wife into spending $2k on one though....I spend enough time in the dog house as it is...

Back