• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

LNORSUX

epic6

That plate is available in California. How many people will I piss off at a Mustang gathering??? :part

I've got mixed feelings about it. On one hand, you've got creative and hard working folks who have invested a lot of time and money into making their car look like Eleanor, so a license plate saying "Eleanor Sucks" could damage the camaraderie at these events. on the other hand, I can sense that some really dont care for how the Eleanor craze has chopped up some good fastbacks. I am still amazed at how one movie can cause hundreds of clones of one restomod.

"epic6" said:
I've got mixed feelings about it. On one hand, you've got creative and hard working folks who have invested a lot of time and money into making their car look like Eleanor, so a license plate saying "Eleanor Sucks" could damage the camaraderie at these events. on the other hand, I can sense that some really dont care for how the Eleanor craze has chopped up some good fastbacks. I am still amazed at how one movie can cause hundreds of clones of one restomod.

I say express yourself and get it.

If I didn't have period correct plates on my cars I might do it here....

Mel

"epic6" said:

Me neither and all that Bullitt stuff :char :bowdown
Bill

"guruatbol" said:
If I didn't have period correct plates on my cars I might do it here....

Mel touches on a good point--are you aware of the YOM (Year Of Manufacture) program which allows you to register a pair of vintage plates to your classic car?

Frank

I would think a more appropriate tag would be Camero or Cuda. Why bash a Mustang? Next it will be Mustangs 2. I can tell you from a manufacture and a turnkey builder of the car it still is increasing in popularity everyday. I am still amazed at all the country's we ship to. If I were to see your tag it would not offend me. Rich.

"mustangstofear" said:
I would think a more appropriate tag would be Camero or Cuda. Why bash a Mustang? Next it will be Mustangs 2. I can tell you from a manufacture and a turnkey builder of the car it still is increasing in popularity everyday. I am still amazed at all the country's we ship to. If I were to see your tag it would not offend me. Rich.

I wish I could find a camaro abbreviation that worked. I'm not getting that tag, just trying to start a little conversation on a rainy sunday afternoon in NorCal. How about IRS SUX.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Mel touches on a good point--are you aware of the YOM (Year Of Manufacture) program which allows you to register a pair of vintage plates to your classic car?

Frank

As will be often the case, I must admit I don't know what you're talking about. Education please? Where do you get the plates??

I prefer YOM plates over personalized ones. Regardless, is BADRNEL (Badder Than Eleanor/Hell) easy to understand?

Jacob,
Crusty will teach you a lot about YOM plates. In fact he might have a set or two available. Stay tuned. I would agree that if you can get some black/yellow YOM plates for your car, that would be the way to go.

"epic6" said:
I wish I could find a camaro abbreviation that worked. I'm not getting that tag, just trying to start a little conversation on a rainy sunday afternoon in NorCal. How about IRS SUX.
Now your talking :thu. Rich.

When these cars were new in California, the license plates in use were the yellow on black version. In July 2009 the DMV started allowing owners of 1963 to 1969 cars to register and use vintage black plates on their cars. Most original plates you see on 1967 cars begin with T, U, or V, but there were exceptions. Many people will want the plates on their car to look as correct as possible so would search for that range of plates for a '67. I don't currently have any in that range, but they come up on eBay regularly. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280610700222&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT If you wish to go this direction, this pair is halfway decent for what seems like a fair price, but better ones will come along if you want to wait. If the plates you get don't have a '67 sticker attached, you'll need that as well. I can set you up with a sticker at a discount if you end up needing one.

Another detail to be aware of: you'll need to make sure the plates you'll purchase are clear (not in use). You can call the DMV at 1-800-777-0133 to see if the configuration is already in use.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Frank

Thanks crusty, that's gold. Once I get the big issues sorted out (I removed the front suspension today) I'm going to have to score me a pair of period correct plates. Very cool!

"epic6" said:
I know it's all in good fun but on a serious note, while the Eleanor craze has driven the price of even junk FB's thru the roof, it has also generated so much interest that you can get nearly every single little part of a 67/68 new as well as some really cool modern upgrades that weren't available or popular before the movie. I have had at least one 67 since I was 15 and there was always more parts and interest in the 65/66's. Now the 67/68's are the most popular. I too have mixed feelings as I would like to have a fastback but anyone who has one thinks it's worth it's weight in gold.
I don't understand the hatred of Mustang guys toward the E-cars. You asked if that plate would offend at car shows, well you will probably have a fan club! Mustang people seam to the ONLY people who don't like them. And as for cutting up good cars, I have to argue that too. Many were piles of shart that have been completely raised from the dead and the few that were good cars to begin can just as easily be restored back, however an Eleanor clone will bring a whole lot more money so I don't think it would be a good investment.
Just my 2 cents...

An airport buddy of mine went to Barrett-Jackson a couple of years ago, right as the muscle car prices started to drop-off. Out of about 9 things he said that fascinated me, the one I really remember, and still find kind of appalling, is that he sat in front (and below) Carroll Shelby's box, and could overhear him gloating to another guy about how he buys Mustangs at B-J, signs the glovebox, and sells the next year at B-J for a full $100,000 in profit. :rant

I watched the 5-part special on YouTube about Unique Performance and I must say, it looks like they were saving FB's that would otherwise have rusted out of existence. And I can't argue with the point about the movie/craze resulting in more parts availability, especially since I'm newb status and don't know how it was pre-Nicholas Cage. :shrug

"epic6" said:
.... And I can't argue with the point about the movie/craze resulting in more parts availability, especially since I'm newb status and don't know how it was pre-Nicholas Cage. :shrug
it wasn't horrible but after Mr. Cage and Eleanor's sex tape (movie) the flood gates opened...

Back