• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Look what brown brought me....

"daveSanborn" said:
but the front is where you need to worry

Yep, the front lower edge of the inner wheelwell is where it gets tight on sons car also. He's running 275/40/17's on a 17'9.5 wheel w/5.5" BS. I took my body hammer and "tweaked" this area just a hair to create a little extra breathing room.

Here's a picture of the non-existant extra room on the outside of the tire.... no rubs, but damn it's close!

005-8.jpg

My fender lips are REALLY thin, body guy did amazing work on them

2_03_12_08_7_28_11_4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They are there, what he did was cut a bunch of small cuts then and pounded the lip flat against the outer sheet metal, its thinner, but much stronger than if he had simply cut them off, he did the front fender lips the same way.

WOW, I'm definately going to go wider now that I see yours and Dave's son's. Looks great with wide tires!

Well, Sluggo and I got the rear end lowered down to where it needs to be. I loosened up all the rear supension hardware and afte bouncing the car a couple times the car dropped close to two inches, then, after some persuasion, we installed the lowering blocks and got the car down where it needs to be. I dig the new look (except the shot of Randy in the fender reflection).

2_07_12_08_3_39_06_3.JPG

2_07_12_08_3_39_06_4.JPG

2_07_12_08_3_49_30_3.JPG

"Mustang Mike" said:
Holy crap, one of Randy's leg is bigger than the other!

The mustang sits very nice.

He likes to refer to himself as elephant boy, not really sure what he's talking about.

"70_Fastback" said:
It's looking real good Rick. Your lucky to have someone close that can help like that.

Yeah...and quit making fun of my extra plumbing. :jam

Back