• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MBB VI

Looks like it's gonna be a rough time for most attendees to make it this year, myself included. In true Stangfix/MBB fashion though, we'll all soldier on (except Dave, he'll Marine on)! That's the weekend after I start the academy in Ga. I'll be driving up to Charleston Friday night and then on to MB on Saturday. At least, that's the plan. I think I'm gonna be racking up some road miles that weekend!

"tarafied1" said:
I may be solo this year as well, the wife has to work... :bomb

Craig, maybe we could partner up this year if I can get a hall pass. What day do you leave on? I could probably take off Fri., we could leave Thurs. evening and I may have a place to stop over Thurs. night near Pigeon Forge to head out from Fri. morning and have a shorter drive. I could take the wifes vehicle or we could go in yours if 2 guys in a car with pink stripes makes you uncomfortable :mark
Either way I'd really like to make it this year even if my car doesn't.
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
"tarafied1" said:
I may be solo this year as well, the wife has to work... :bomb

Craig, maybe we could partner up this year if I can get a hall pass. What day do you leave on? I could probably take off Fri., we could leave Thurs. evening and I may have a place to stop over Thurs. night near Pigeon Forge to head out from Fri. morning and have a shorter drive. I could take the wifes vehicle or we could go in yours if 2 guys in a car with pink stripes makes you uncomfortable :mark
Either way I'd really like to make it this year even if my car doesn't.
Jon
well that sounds pretty cool, even the pink stripes don't bother me. I hadn't given much thought on when I will leave, but I suppose I am flexible.

Looks like it's 10hrs. drive from my place, you went last time didn't you? how long did it take you? I'd probably drive back the entire distance on Sun. I figured if I could shave off 3hrs. of the trip Thurs evening I could get there in time Fri. to meet for dinner, enjoy sat. and head out Sun. Thoughts?
Jon

I don't recall exact time but it was a long haul. I stayed by Duane on the way down and drove all the way back on Sunday

"Jonk67" said:
Looks like it's 10hrs. drive from my place, you went last time didn't you? how long did it take you? I'd probably drive back the entire distance on Sun. I figured if I could shave off 3hrs. of the trip Thurs evening I could get there in time Fri. to meet for dinner, enjoy sat. and head out Sun. Thoughts?
Jon
It's 10 hours for me as well; the worst is leaving early Sunday with a partial hang-over. On the way up, there's plenty of time for me to practice my Karaoke in the car. Usually, I'm extremely thirsty upon arrival in MB.

"Jonk67" said:
Jon

lmk and can get you a helluva rate in hky or you can crash at my place

Thanks Duane, Craig we'll have to discuss and do some drinking, I mean thinking on this. We can go 200mi./3hrs. or 400mi./6hrs. for the first leg. Guess it depends on what time we can get out on Thurs. and how late into the night we want to drive. You'll have an hour just to get down to meet me also. I could shave some time/miles off for you by meeting at my work in Gallatin which is ~50mi. from you vs. 80mi. at my house.
Jon

Don't forget we have room at our place if any of you
need to stay over. We are in Fuquay Varina, NC
Let me know if you need our place

well I have put off the bad news long enough, (maybe it's good news for those going?)
Anyway, y'all know my wife quit her job when we had the grandbaby living with us, and then took another job after they moved away. So she has to work (low man on the totum pole). So I was thinking I might be able to stretch my leash long enough to go by myself... :yah
But, and its a big but, My boys are both in the Marching band and the music directer has informed us the band will be marching in a parade on that Saturday. Now I could still go but I think I might have to stay if I did. So I reluctantly will have to back out this year. We really were looking forward to it, my wife was already giving me the puppy eyes for thinking of going with out her...
Sorry!!!

I'll be in Raleigh Wednesday evening and will drive over with Vince and Toni. We still have a few jobs left to do on Vince's cars. Last year was a blast, literally, with whatever that bomb was they lit off and then Vince driving the 'vert into the ditch. Looking forward to this year.

Made my hotel reservations today. The room comes with a karaoke machine for me to practice before the big day. Woohoo! :yah

Now to dig through my piles of junk for my electric air guitar. Where did I put it last? Hmmm.

I'll be coming up Saturday from Charleston. More than likely John and I will ride up together. I'm not sure yet on the time, so I can't say if I'll be there pre or post mini golf. Looking forward to it!

Back