• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Members rides, Favorite Picture of YOUR car

Nice vert and welcome to the Fix.

Any plans to maybe lower it a tad? That pic makes it look like you could take her off-road! :p

Nice vert and welcome to the Fix.

Any plans to maybe lower it a tad? That pic makes it look like you could take her off-road! :p
I have owned her since Feb 14. I have not really thought through what all i want to do. The bushings were gone in the shifter and it did not lock into gear. Fixed that right away. Replaced some missing interior fasteners and a couple snaps for the boot. Working on diagnosing a minor transmission leak. I would be open to suggestions on lowering?

If you think it could use a bit of a drop, first step would be to install a new set of front coil springs of the "drop" variety. Stock from the factory these cars sat really high with the nose even up more than the rear so a lowering spring just sets them where the factory probably should have originally. While you're in there would be a good time to do the Arning drop as well and reposition the upper control arm. Really simple to do and makes a nice improvement in handling. Some have found it to do a very minor amount of actual lowering affect too but its really about handling. I'd start there and see how she looks to you before addressing the rear. Some guys like a little rake to the stance. If not, losts of ways to go out back with different spring set-ups too.

Captain America car
5c07f0fdecff8b08e84fa241aeec88d0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just came back from a small cruise around the dams and reservoirs. Nice day. Car ran great.

Nice, and original California plates still on the car. Mine were too until 5 years ago. Apparently you didn't notice the no parking sign o_O

Back