• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Memorial for Maj. Sam Griffith

Oh hell yeah, I'm in! Who set up the donations we sent after Sam died? Maybe that person can be the point again. I'll send whatever is needed.

That's awesome.

To pay for the memorial, Griffith is selling bricks to individuals and businesses. Each $50 brick can be personalized and will be built into the patio leading up to the marble pentagon

I saw this part and thought we could do a stangfix brick. Or individual bricks to help fund it.

I would certainly be in for a group donation.

How about each of us pony up the $50 and use our screen names?

"RapidRabbit" said:
Thats what I was thinking, but didn't want to say it.

I always say what I think. Much to my detriment mind you!

Well I was looking at the brick info and they are 4x8. You can chose a logo that they have listed and 3 lines of writing. It's 10 characters per line max if you use a logo. More if no logo.

Here's a link to his website to design a brick.

http://thatsmybrick.com/eaglescoutdg

ne2y3u6e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it would be easier for one individual to spearhead this project, of course I would be happy to run with it. Thoughts please.

You have my vote Craig. Organize a plan and let us know. :thu
I'm in for a brick if we do individual ones or a group donation. Or both.

WTG Craiger!

I'm in, thick as a brick

or whatever else the group decides!

OK, give me 24 hours to digest what our options are. Then we'll make a group decision on what directions is best for all. This gives me a good excuse to send an email to Sam's dad, to at least say hi.

Wait til Mark see's this logo:
EAGLESCOUTDG-20130619-232539.jpg

My suggestion would be to all get the pony one above and request if David can arrange to have all the Stangfix sponsored bricks together in a continuous box so it will be a more obvious section of the paver and appear as a group? Even if we buy individually as long as we put 'Stangfix' on the brick and request the pony it'll keep us together.

Maybe keep everyone consistent like first line:Stangfix
Second line: screenname
Third line: your name, message, whatever
EAGLESCOUTDG-20130619-234020.jpg

Jon

Here's a suggestion you may want to throw around:

Pony or Logo (of course)

Line 1: Stangfix.com (don't forget the dot com so
they know it's a group site)

Line 2: Screen name: cmayna

Line 3: Real name: either first (Craig)...or...last (Maynard)

If it's arranged to group us all together...it would be a nice
Stangfix.com group memorial.

Anyway...that's my 2 cents...so far !!

"silverblueBP" said:
I like Vinny's idea :thu
Me to. Will contact Dave to see what we can do. Sorry but it looks like "stangfix.com" is too many letters (12). Max is 10. This limitation will also affect putting in your full name.

BTW, received a nice reply to my email to Sam Sr. He is extremely grateful for our continuous support.

The 10 character limit may affect some members screen names fitting too. I had to do rapid rabbit as two lines.

If I add a logo, I can't put my screen name in. If there's no logo, it all fits.

Back