• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Morning RANT.....

A

Anonymous

How bad has things become in this country. Got a dickhead for president, crooks in congress and a young generation that is too fucking sorry to work, mine included. Well here it goes. I started this AM out with the thoughts of ordering a electronic angle finder from Harbor Freight which is about 65 miles away if I drive. So I thought it would be a simple matter of picking up the phone, dialing the number, placing the order and waiting for the tool to arrive. Well here's where it starts to go all to hell in a hand basket. I called to place the order and fucking hoggie answered the phone. Right away the blood pressure went up. He ask for my account number and I replied I don't have one. He then said oak kaie no probelem let me fix ewe one. So it starts, I gave him my name three times and he still couldn't get it right. Then he started with trying to get each letter using what sounded like he was reading a scripted code, like walpha and miego, hell, I'm not sure what to fuck he was saying. After about a minute of screwing around and starting over and over I got pissed and yelled "ali achbar, have a nice fucking day" and hung up the damn phone. What has it come to. Here we are fighting the fuckers on one end, and trying to communicate with them on the other. I'm done.

I admit, I got a chuckle out of this but sadly I am laughing with you not at you....

Customer service is a thing of the past to say the least.

Maybe if you didn't talk with such a thick southern accident and instead worked to use English like the rest of the world you wouldn't have these problems dealing with Customer Service. :sarc

And for the record...Harbor Frieght uses a localized pricing model...so you might see the same part with a $5, $10 or more difference in price up or down depending on location shopped which is one of the reasons they need all your information BEFORE you can start placing an order and getting the price ;)

And last, but not least.....seems counter intuative to both shop a place for the rock bottom price and then complain that they don't hire the most expensive customer service operators possible to 'service' you on the phone better so adding that level of customer service will then negate the lowest price in the market reasons for your patronage. :no
:roll

"dodgestang" said:
And last, but not least.....since counter intuative to both shop a place for the rock bottom price and then complain that they don't hire the most expensive customer service operators possible to 'service' you on the phone better :no
:roll
I don't think expecting to speak with someone capable of carrying on a conversation in our native tongue qualifies as high expectations. Do you?

"Horseplay" said:
I don't think expecting to speak with someone capable of carrying on a conversation in our native tongue qualifies as high expectations. Do you?

India based customer service do speak English. Some of them do it better than I do, some of them less. But all with a certain degree of minimal proficiency. Yes some have a thick accent. Some think you have a thick accent. I deal with non-native english speakers daily and have learned to speak clearly and directly. Again though....if you don't want to buy at the cheapest possible price then as a consumer you can chose to shop elsewhere (as OP most likely has) and after enough people make that choice either HF will offer better/more expensive customer service or someone will step up and fill the void.

"dodgestang" said:
And for the record...Harbor Frieght uses a localized pricing model...so you might see the same part with a $5, $10 or more difference in price up or down depending on location shopped which is one of the reasons they need all your information BEFORE you can start placing an order and getting the price ;)

Yep, I know that. Since I was not able to give that information or him understand it (and I was speaking city english) it didn't happen. I had the item number and such, but no previous account, which he was attempting to create. After calling the 800 order number, I called the local store number as spoke to an red blooded American girl. I described my situation and she laughed and said "we get that all the time" and indicated even she had trouble understanding. I ask if I could order from the store and was told no, I wish that you could, but they will not allow us to do that. She advised to call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Damn, I didn't have any trouble communicating with her and her southern draw, BTW was a hell of a lot worse than mine. Guess I'll be driving this weekend.

Ugh.............for some reason I don't think so. BTW, I feel better now.

"midpack" said:
Why not take the gas $$$ you'd sped and get one locally? maybe even better quality... :part

Or order on line with $6.99 flat rate shipping with insurance.
$3.85 a gallon for gas, 65 miles.... :confu

I've looked and so far haven't been able to find one like this. Accurate to .5 degree and is small enough (with a hold button) to get into areas that I can't see the needle on. Also the needles on those are too far from the scale and unless looking at the numbers at a right angle it, you will be a few degrees off. I would love to find one that is accurate to within 0.1 degree, small enough and with a hold button. BTW, I'm sitting up a MacPherson Strut suspension on the 68 and since normally there's no adjustment for camber and caster I would like it to be within 0.2 or closer. If you guys know where I can find one like this I'm all ears.

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-an ... 95998.html

I have to deal with offshore tech support almost daily. Gets real interesting when you have a three way call going between India, Brazil and Mississippi.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
I have to deal with offshore tech support almost daily. Gets real interesting when you have a three way call going between India, Brazil and Mississippi.

Try India, NYC, Philly, London and Geneva one day for a real trippy call to discuss complex techincal issues.

"Gigantopithecus" said:

....sounds like Mississippi might be the hard one to understand.....lol

"dodgestang" said:
Try India, NYC, Philly, London and Geneva one day for a real trippy call to discuss complex techincal issues.

BTDT. Only it's Germany, France, Scotland, Brazil. The key to those conversations: the Germans are always right. First, they are Germans, second, they own the company (the Swiss just think they own it).

On the OP: I'd go the internet ordering route.

Back