• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang mis-information. Venting

65coupei6

I don't know why I still bother going to that "other" site and reading the forum. So many morons that answer
questions and don't know what they are talking about. Most of them are probably book knowledge and have
never really tried anything on their own car. I just want to post and say "Shut up you stupid *&%$!'s"

Oh well...

"65coupei6" said:
Most of them are probably book knowledge and have
never really tried anything on their own car.

Whatcha mean book knowledge? I saw it on Youtube!!! :sarc LOL

"65coupei6" said:
Most of them are probably book knowledge and have
never really tried anything on their own car.

Actually I saw it on FaceBook a very reliable source. :yah

Any forum I've ever belonged to except this one, always had a few who thought They knew what they were talking about and in the end they were caught. I read some of the posts over at the communist site, some good, some misleading. Rather just ask my questions here I get a positive and correct answer. :beer

Ok. I'll bite. What was so heinous on the "other" site? I have heard this comment somewhat regularly "over here" and I guess I don't get it. I find BOTH sites to be valuable and equally prone to erroneous information. No surprise given the same internet environment. :confu

"dodgestang" said:
Its impossible to install a 351c in a 65/6 mustang without removing (or cutting) the shock towers.

I try to approach the term "impossible" with caution, but I'll have to take your word for it on the Cleveland in the 65 statement. What I don't get is this: If it was worth the time to loiter "over there" with enough interest to pickm up on potential mis-information, then why not provide the service to the audience and endeavor to correct the erroroneous information with proven fact rather than run off to another board and complain about how jacked the "other board" is? That kinda comes off as high school cheerleader gossip crap.

If it's worth the time to monitor across lines, it's worth the time to share the knowledge evenly for the better of the hobby in my opinion.

I'll shut up now.

My 25cents:
I think it's all about the ratio of knowledgeable members vs total membership. Without a doubt the ratio here in SF is probably one of the highest around. Other sites, that have been around longer, that have far more members will probably have many more new greenhorn members who are dying to share their limited hands on experience.

When a technical question is asked here, you probably will not get as many replies as one might find on other sites simply due to number of members, but the quality of the replies is typically top notch.

While I will admit to scanning the topics over at the site, I do not respond.
I grew tired of you can't do this or there's no way to get Hp without going alum heads ect.
Add to it the you must have these steering/suspension mods to make the car drivable.
Having turned wrench's on these auto's for over 40 yrs I do have some experience.
A large % of the info posted there is from whatever ragtag mag is spouting at the moment. (mho)

As I see it here, Those who request info are looking for an answer from someone with realtime experiences of what will work or how to proceed with thier problem.
Not just to be on a site that has a high volume of traffic.

So I will go back to sleeping now. :roll

"dodgestang" said:
Its impossible to install a 351c in a 65/6 mustang without removing (or cutting) the shock towers.
This statement is absolutely true. The Vulcan Science Academy said so.

Marco:

I share your frustration. It seems that a number of well intentioned folks speak in absolutes (''Always", "Never", etc) when much of what makes up the hobby are shades of gray. Occasionally, I will suggest an alternative approach or idea with the hope that it will dilute the mis-information that a thread has attracted. Remember, what we have on the internet are common wisdom, opinions, and anecdotal experiences. At the end of the day, eventually the better answer bubbles to the top.

Regards, Jeff

P.S. thanks for the tip on the carb!

How many morons does it take to screw in a 65 Fastback head light bulb? :sarc :steer

"dodgestang" said:

Can't put 'em in the 60 - 65 Falcon's either. They fit in the 60 - 65 Ranchero's but that's it.

Back