• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustang seats?

Kats66Pny

I've had many folks interested in the seats I currently have in Gertrude once they learn I hate them and getting rid of them eventually. Kind of funny. I hate these seats, yet everyone else likes them. :shrug Well there's a guy in town who asked me if I'd be interested in some '00 GT leather seats.

"well if you ever get tired of those seats, i got a set of 2000 gt leather seats in excellent condition just sitting over here. their like dark characol/black leather. i would trade ya straight up no cost involved if you wanted to, i cant use these 2000 gt seats anyways, they were gonna go in the 92 coupe but since its gonna be more of a race car, i need something more that will hold me in place and something i can put a 5point harness on"

So I've learned to double check here before I make any decisions regarding Gertrude. :thu I've ask him if he has any pictures of the seats. Waiting on word back. I like the idea of having newer, more comfortable seats, but I also like the look of the classic mustang seats.

My goal is to make Gertrude look like this when done...a dark silver with black stripes, e-kit, black interior with blue interior lights. Similar to this 66.
1966mustangcustombodyki.jpg

Would '00 GT seats look ok with what I want to do with Gert? Would they even fit? :shrug

After I remembered someone here put newer seats in their classic not that long ago.... AzPete... I answered my own question. The '00 seats should fit. Now the question remains ... do I really want them. I googled for pictures of 00 GT seats to see exactly what they look like and some have ponies embossed and some don't. :wtf

I believe the 2000 seats are adjustable for different ass sizes...

Go for it!

What happened to repairing the cowl?

2000 Mustang GT seats look really cool, what would you be trading him for them?

I'm still saving to repair the cowl. This is a free swap. :thu I'd be doing a trade... my current seats for the GT seats.

The seats bolt in with the drilling of two holes to attach the rear point of the factory old sliders to the newer seats and some odd spacer setup. They are very much like the '04 seats I use. Pans do not have to be messed with as I am 6'3" and fit with a small amount of tilt. They are a touch higher than stock.

Do it for sure but you will need to keep your original seat tracks and return springs. If you need to ask questions, pm me for my number.

Here's a picture of the seats. Looks like it has the embossed pony on the back. I think I could make these work with my plan for Gertrude. :thu

92couperestoredinterior.jpg

Thanks Pete! If I have any problems or questions I'll make sure to bug you first.

Couple of shots of my previous '66 with the two seats to compare. I was installing a set of '04 V6 leather seats. Only diff is the bolstering amount.
Duringpass.jpg

Duringdriver.jpg

The '00 seats and the '04 ones looks so much more comfortable than my hard racing seats. I can't wait to finally have cushion for my butt!! :yah

I'm confused. Looking at your signature photo butt, why do you think you need more cushion? Looks perfect to me. No?

Looks like sometime this afternoon we're going to do the swap. :thu He also posted on his FB a better picture of the seats.

seats0.jpg

It would be cool to hook up the power functions again on your 66 kat. I am sure that is do-able.

Nice ones.... Priced around here would be 300-400 for the fronts only.

I've looked around on craigslist, ebay, etc at the prices of seats and it seems to be like you said, 300+ for used front seats. I guess I'm getting a heck of a good deal then.

It would be cool to hook up the power functions again on your 66 kat. I am sure that is do-able.

My husband and I were discussing that last night. I wasn't 100% sure if the seats were even electric or not so I asked the guy. He said

"their only electric if you use them with a 2000 mustang seat track, the seat tracks that are on your seats in your car right now are gonna be transferd over onto the 2000 mustang seats, that way it should bolt right in, so it will still be manual tracks and not electric"

Back