• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My 67

Hello Dave2g

Were are you located in Germany?
Closeby Belgium ?
Maybe you can visit me and talk mustangs.??

"B67FSTB" said:
Hello Dave2g

Maybe you can visit me and talk mustangs.??

Yet, most of us would rather talk Hot German and Belgium girls at the local pub.

Radiator and MSD distributor are waiting for me in California with my car. Just ordered Carb 600 cfm, side mirrors, interior kit, and 6 fin steel/aluminum race fan.
ordering tires next

ANother update, not ordering tires yet. Current thread is fine. Will have to buy either all season or winter ones later on. German laws demand it.

Sure sounds like you will be kept pretty busy when the car and all those new parts arrive :thum

"cmayna" said:
Sure sounds like you will be kept pretty busy when the car and all those new parts arrive :thum
You got that right.
Just found out that you can't pass inspection here with a cracked window.. third front window I have replaced now. Damn California

Carb and interior kit has arrived. Waiting on Radiator. Just hope I can find out what is causing the engine knock. Will upload a video of it before I start working on it.

Installed Carb and radiator yesterday, had a line break this morning but easy fix. Motor mounts are broken, paint job is a week turn around. Looking good so far. Had a vacuum leak along with a exhaust manifold leak. Fixed both. Have pictures but my GoPro isn't connecting to my laptop.. Have to get an adapter for that, stay TUNED. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    1,013.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    839.7 KB · Views: 108
"Dave2g" said:
Installed Carb and radiator yesterday, had a line break this morning but easy fix. Motor mounts are broken, paint job is a week turn around. Looking good so far. Had a vacuum leak along with a exhaust manifold leak. Fixed both. Have pictures but my GoPro isn't connecting to my laptop.. Have to get an adapter for that, stay TUNED. ;)

That's great if the exhaust leak was causing a scare with the rod knock sound. Just something to note... I put a set of those street fire wires on one of my cars and they didn't last all that long. If you start to develop a miss over time, that might be the root cause.

"stangg" said:
That's great if the exhaust leak was causing a scare with the rod knock sound. Just something to note... I put a set of those street fire wires on one of my cars and they didn't last all that long. If you start to develop a miss over time, that might be the root cause.

Noted. Thanks! It rained today, so couldn't get anything done. Hoping to get it put under the painter by Friday

MSD Distributor 8352 is a huge pain in my :cens . Real rough to start up but works great once I run it hard. Have 2 more tests to do once my car is done getting painted. hopefully can get this done before I leave. Here are some pictures of it after (most) chrome was taken off.

Had to order new reverse lights, wiring pooped on me.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
Those seats will look good in there. Got them ready to take to work tomorrow to box up.

Bill

"Dave2g" said:
I am in Idar-oberstein

Thats about 250 km from my place.

I understand that your car is in Germany now ??

German law on streetcars are very strict.
Windshield crak isn't allowed.
Tire thread , load index, all season are not. things to keep in mind.
RH exterior mirror isn't mandatary but very usefull on " die deutsche autobahn" !!
Watch out for those beemers, porsches, audi's and mercs.
They can sheer by with speeds up to 200km and more on some places.
Keep your eyes on the rear view mirror.They close in very quick !!

How long are you staying ? 2 years ??

"B67FSTB" said:
"Dave2g" said:
I am in Idar-oberstein

Thats about 250 km from my place.

I understand that your car is in Germany now ??

German law on streetcars are very strict.
Windshield crak isn't allowed.
Tire thread , load index, all season are not. things to keep in mind.
RH exterior mirror isn't mandatary but very usefull on " die deutsche autobahn" !!
Watch out for those beemers, porsches, audi's and mercs.
They can sheer by with speeds up to 200km and more on some places.
Keep your eyes on the rear view mirror.They close in very quick !!

How long are you staying ? 2 years ??

Not yet. It's getting painted and I'm taking it to Richmond VPC on Thursday or Friday. Then i leave on next Tuesday back to Germany. So it'll probably be a couple months. :dun
Yeah 120 isn't very fast compared to them!! My rear view is a racing one, stretches across the entire car. I'll post a picture when I get it back. They demand all season or winter tires for us during winter, don't know if it is differen't because of military or something. Windshield is being replaced with the paint job.

Back