• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My car is gone...Jeff has it

This is Toni.
So sorry this is happening to you and Joanne. Glad Jeff collected your car
and got it to safety. Now...get yourselves to a safe place.

As Uncle Vinny would say: " Nice to have a team of friends to help however they can."

Stay safe, I'll keep ya'll in our prayers.

A couple Distribution Centers I support are under evac orders. Pretty scary.

Todays news...

20200824_163728.jpg
I'm in Morgan HIll

20200824_170455.jpg20200824_170528.jpg

I live just past that stop light and to the right.

20200824_171231.jpg

Showing how big this fire is. He's pointing at my town. San Francisco Bay's southern tip can be seen upper left.

As Tim said, I've got a new gig with Uber and the tips in this car are substantial, especially if I do smokey burnouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL;)

That’s a lie, everyone knows Mike’s 6cyl fastback can’t spin a tire!!

Well at least the phone didn't go off today with dire warnings.
Seems the world is sending help for firefighters. That's good news.

Things are much better today. Last night it got very cool and low clouds. Helped in the fire fighting. Folks were allowed back up to the hill neighborhood above us.

That's good news. Hopefully it will continue to be cooler so they can get some of it under control.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

So today is a much better day.
Clear blue skies. There is some smoke far over the hill where the fire is but at least we can see a fair distance.

On other fronts I was getting flashlights together prior and a NiteIze one didn't work. I contacted them through their website and a replacement is on the way.
Also today a replacement RV camera system arrived. A few weeks ago when retrieving the trailer from storage it didn't work. Again I contacted the maker and after returning mine they sent a complete new system to me.
AND...Bruno got the large package I sent a few weeks ago. That's good news too.

We've had much cooler temps the last few days with morning fog cover which has greatly helped the firefighters. More control over the fires means less evacuation notices. Many homes were destroyed in the Santa Cruz Mtns. This is an area which many of us here have cruised our Mustangs and taken others visiting from around the world on cruises and lunches. It will be sad when we cruise those same roads again only to view burnt out forests.

We're almost back to normal here.

Thank you all for the kind words and offerings of help. It meant a lot. Even Bruno offered to fly over...but I think he just wants an excuse to cruise with us.....

Good to hear Mike. Mother nature can be a real b*tch and then give you a big hug and say sorry. My understanding was this event was caused by lighting strikes. Can only imagine it being followed by a Santa Ana winds. My cousin lives up there in the Placerville area. His wife, she is my cousin too right? cousin in law?, whatever. Point is they were ready to evacuate if needed. Air was thick with smoke. She complains every time the power is shut off. But I want to hope that we are learning. Transmission lines can spark in the wind and start a fire. Fire can shift and take out an entire city. So power can get shut off, evacuation orders can be given and must be followed.
Hoping that these fires are contained very soon and you can get the fastback returned before Jeff puts too many more miles on it. ;)

fd

Back