• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My E-Coupe'ish plans...

Huh. I've just always taken the high road and assumed folks were reasonably competent and had a fair idea of what they were getting into until they proved otherwise. Lot less typing that way.
Knowing you have always been much more active over on VMF I find this pretty funny. Reasonably competent covers few and far between in that neighborhood was my experience there so long ago. One of the main reasons most of the guys here avoid it.

I frequent about a dozen forums, each has its quirks. I'm not real big on assuming people I don't know are stupid. I try to keep in mind a saying credited to Bill Nye,
"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." I originally started hanging out on forums to LEARN. I have stayed because I am still learning and you never know who might provide you with a gem of something well worth knowing. So I like to get around a bit.

Huh. I've just always taken the high road and assumed folks were reasonably competent and had a fair idea of what they were getting into until they proved otherwise. Lot less typing that way.
Nothing wrong with that approach...

I frequent about a dozen forums, each has its quirks. I'm not real big on assuming people I don't know are stupid. I try to keep in mind a saying credited to Bill Nye,
"Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." I originally started hanging out on forums to LEARN. I have stayed because I am still learning and you never know who might provide you with a gem of something well worth knowing. So I like to get around a bit.
Can't argue with that sentiment but I hardly think anything I wrote earlier implied anyone was stupid. It was an attempt at an experienced based reality check for a new guy who was measuring bumper spacing in one post and talking of building a state-of-the-art restomod the next.

I know I will get a lot of crap for doing a restomod, I know on other forums years ago, that I have stopped using, I kept getting a lot of negative comments around my project ideas...
Anyhow, here are some of the styling items I am planning on doing to my 67 Coupe.
Eleanor style lower nose, with the fog light dimples filled and smoothed.
Stock upper nose (stock headlight buckets, and stock grill with horse and corral)
Stock 67 Turn signal hood
Eleanor style (MTF) high rockers and side exhaust
Eleanor style fender/quarter flares
Stock 67 quarter panel side scoops
Eleanor style coupe deck lid spoiler
Stock 67 taillights
MTF Resto-mod rear valance

Like I said, I get a lot of crap for not wanting to make it an E-Coupe, and some people thinking the Stock/Eleanor mix will be ugly, and it may be, but I won't know until I get it that far. Besides, I am building this car for me, and what I want it to be.
what a dumb idea! a 67 Coupe with Eleanor stuff... what are you thinking???
IMG_4296.jpg

Not sure if they have a new one but I am prerty sure tarafied1 on this forum got one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I actually got the top half of a prototype nose because I didn't like the lights added in the headlight buckets and I also wanted to use the 67 Shelby grille.
Broken nose after.jpg

I actually got the top half of a prototype nose because I didn't like the lights added in the headlight buckets and I also wanted to use the 67 Shelby grille.
View attachment 30915
So what lower nose / bumper section did you go with? Oh and your car rocks, my plans at this point are a little different, but I hope the turn out as good as yours.

So what lower nose / bumper section did you go with? Oh and your car rocks, my plans at this point are a little different, but I hope the turn out as good as yours.

thanks! My plans date back more than 30 years. I always loved the 68 Shelby but I had a 67 coupe as my first car in 1981 so I had visions of making a Green Hornet "tribute" or clone or whatever people call them. I had acquired a Cougar that was broke nearly in half and did the taillights and bought a CS or Shelby vert deck lid for it way back in the early 90's. I was in the process of collecting the 68 front-end when the remake of Gone in 60 seconds came out. I fell in love with Eleanor instantly. So my plans changed. But I didn't want a Eleanor replica as you can see. I still incorporated some Shelby into it.
Anyway, I (this is probably more detail than you wanted to know!) I looked at the CVS kit when it came out but you had to buy the whole kit. I started buying stuff from a company called Rebel Mustang because they sold stuff individually. However, the fit was horrible. in 2004ish Maier Racing offered a kit and started selling parts individually. I sold all the Rebel stuff on eBay and bought Maier Racing. The car originally had the Eleanor upper nose from them too but I didn't like it. So I had stopped by to talk to Rich at his shop a few times and was actually building another car. I bought a few parts from him for it and told him about my feelings and he offered me a prototype nose for my plans. So long story short, the upper is MTF and the lower is a modified Maier Racing. I didn't want the running lights in the lower opening so I had to fill the pockets molded in for them. HPIM0582.JPG HPIM0579.JPG July06 045.jpg July06 044.jpg
Picture 080.jpg

thanks! My plans date back more than 30 years. I always loved the 68 Shelby but I had a 67 coupe as my first car in 1981 so I had visions of making a Green Hornet "tribute" or clone or whatever people call them. I had acquired a Cougar that was broke nearly in half and did the taillights and bought a CS or Shelby vert deck lid for it way back in the early 90's. I was in the process of collecting the 68 front-end when the remake of Gone in 60 seconds came out. I fell in love with Eleanor instantly. So my plans changed. But I didn't want a Eleanor replica as you can see. I still incorporated some Shelby into it.
Anyway, I (this is probably more detail than you wanted to know!) I looked at the CVS kit when it came out but you had to buy the whole kit. I started buying stuff from a company called Rebel Mustang because they sold stuff individually. However, the fit was horrible. in 2004ish Maier Racing offered a kit and started selling parts individually. I sold all the Rebel stuff on eBay and bought Maier Racing. The car originally had the Eleanor upper nose from them too but I didn't like it. So I had stopped by to talk to Rich at his shop a few times and was actually building another car. I bought a few parts from him for it and told him about my feelings and he offered me a prototype nose for my plans. So long story short, the upper is MTF and the lower is a modified Maier Racing. I didn't want the running lights in the lower opening so I had to fill the pockets molded in for them. View attachment 30917 View attachment 30918 View attachment 30919 View attachment 30920
View attachment 30921

Last pic Craig has hair lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back