• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My latest demo project

Careful Mark. Looks like John is looking for a replacement worker for his wife.....they will both be on the porch watching you mow....drinking a black cow of course.

So close to being done with this project! All that’s left is to add the lattice down two more sides.
Reworked the doors in the screened area. Painted the ceiling and posts white and the floor a color that closely matches the the new decking. Stretched all new screen and made all the exterior trim removable with color matched screws. I took the old storm door and reworked the metal frame to fit the screen PVC door and moved the latch assembly too. Deb found an outdoor carpet for the screened area. It turned out really nice and she’s so happy to have her outdoor space back…just in time for winter

7db05113cd830c794e12eaadf346fbcb.jpg

daf3ee39d6d4a8181e25bd77fa32ad1f.jpg

71e60dad266070fffa8708c7613d5e9f.jpg

13ca23757e303061e8c3f3d68a713fed.jpg

Mark

Looks nice! Does it keep the mosquitoes and other riff-raff away (e.g. Hoserplay)?

Looks great.

I wish our screen porch was more open like that. Ours is set into the house on 3 sides. We never use it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Looks great.

I wish our screen porch was more open like that. Ours is set into the house on 3 sides. We never use it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

What’s really nice, is the property’s surrounded by corn and soybean fields, so the deer and pheasant have a great food supply and we have the trees and tall grass to hide out.

Mark

Good thing you don't have a dog around anymore. My numbskulls would be through those screens every time some critter came waltzing through the yard. Then again, I can see myself staggering through one on occasion as well.

Looks like a nice place for you morning coffee. How many months out of the year will it be usable? For me, any temp. below 60 is freezing.

December thru March are pretty much non usable. Unless you’re wearing long johns, insulated coveralls, gloves, toque and insulated boots

Mark

Pretty nice job you have done mark.
You scored alot of point with the wifey.
Hopes she remenbers all the hard work when you take off to the tracks !!!

Just out of curiosity, and maybe I missed it previously, but why did you not make the new patio extension deck extend out from the house the same distance as the screened in porch floor?

Just out of curiosity, and maybe I missed it previously, but why did you not make the new patio extension deck extend out from the house the same distance as the screened in porch floor?

Two reasons. To break up the long straight lines and the existing screened area is an odd depth which would have made for a lot of waste. The old deck has the decking running the wrong damn way. I just assume it was some leftover from the house being built.

Mark

Back