• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

need a pic for reference (1966)

steveh326

if anyone has a min, can you snap a pic of the bracket/knob mounting of the vent control for the drivers side? I am finally getting around to reinstalling mine, and the cable routing seems questionable no matter how I position the bracket. Just want to confirm correct placement. seems like it matches up to the mounting holes for the parking brake bracket, I tried about every way I could and it just doesn't seem right to me but it might be.

thanks.

Been there done that. The re-pop part is too long, I guess, as I had the exact same experience. You're not crazy. I, however, can't recall how I fixed the problem at the moment. I'll be back in a bit with my answer...

OK. Here a few pics. I modded just about everything on my car so I don't know if I even used the correct factory holes to mount this. I know when I tried to do it as the factory It seemed too long to ever come close to fitting as it should. I know I ordered a new piece thinking I had gotten the wrong one initially but I think the second one was the same way. I will try and dig out the receipt (thanks for making me look at that stack again!) and see if it tells me anything. I might have gotten one for a different year, I seem to think.

Anyway, here are pics as how I put mine together. As a plus, it works!

perfect, thanks very much. that's how I ended up bolting mine up, but the fit seemed so bad I thought I had to have it wrong. I am thinking of remaking the bracket if I get time. mine does seem to work ok tho, so it's not gonna be high on the priority list. but the knob won't push all the way back into the sleeve when it's closed. still sticks out about 3/4" or so which is why I thought I had it wrong.

Your comment jogged the memory. I was also contemplating making a new bracket but this was like the last bit to hook up before I deemed the car ready to roll so I put it on the "later" list. I'd made more than my share of brackets at the time putting the remote hood latch set-up together. I wanted to drive! My knob pushes in fully, for what its worth.

Back