• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New bloke from Australia

Thanks all. It's taken 2 years to get it to this point, so hope to have it back on the road in the next few weeks.

Late to the party cause me too , I live outside the states. Can't even speak the language good but hee ......welcome to stangfix !!!
W'll take it slow but there are some old crackers overhere who knows alot !!......About mustangs too :p

There is another member from AUS . something like SHEDD ? Has a 67-68 model I think.

There is another member from AUS . something like SHEDD ? Has a 67-68 model I think.
Hi Bruno,
I'm baaaaack.
Had to take a break for the last 18 months to look after mum and do a lot of remote work in Anti Vegan, Climate destroying Coal mine industry.
Poor old Frankenstang hasnt even been started for over a year, but now its getting lucky.
We have bought a 6200 sqm block behind Coolum, QLD and built a 13m x 10m shed, which we will live in for the next 8 months while the princess gets her new house built, then Frankenstang will get a heart transplant and some of its rust fixed. I have a 95 roller 5.0 to put in from an EL Fairlane i bought, much like a Crown Vic.
Welcome Aussie 67, i see on the Mustang forum that you are from Perth, which is western Australia, so about a 7 hour flight for me. You wont find any better info than on this site, except that apart from Bruno, they havent mastered Metric yet and Craig is the only other member that knows the world exists outside the USA :)

G'day all, my name is Tony and I've been lurking around this site for around 2 years now, so thought I should join up. I have found most of the posts on the site helpful and informative, while I have been putting the 67 back together. Look forward to picking your brains for help as we go.
Welcome mate,
What have you got, couple, fastback or convertible? I have a ‘67 fastback.
All the best
John

Hi Bruno,
I'm baaaaack.
Had to take a break for the last 18 months to look after mum and do a lot of remote work in Anti Vegan, Climate destroying Coal mine industry.
Poor old Frankenstang hasnt even been started for over a year, but now its getting lucky.
We have bought a 6200 sqm block behind Coolum, QLD and built a 13m x 10m shed, which we will live in for the next 8 months while the princess gets her new house built, then Frankenstang will get a heart transplant and some of its rust fixed. I have a 95 roller 5.0 to put in from an EL Fairlane i bought, much like a Crown Vic.
Welcome Aussie 67, i see on the Mustang forum that you are from Perth, which is western Australia, so about a 7 hour flight for me. You wont find any better info than on this site, except that apart from Bruno, they havent mastered Metric yet and Craig is the only other member that knows the world exists outside the USA :)

Welcome back my friend. And yes , you are right ! :p :p

OK you guys down under....who has been to the Bathhurst races?

I would love to go and love the vids on youtube. Badass driving on a magnificent circuit.

OK you guys down under....who has been to the Bathhurst races?

I think everyone has been to Bathurst at least once. Its a 3 day event when you include practice days, supports and race day. It's pretty full on, but well worth it. The race has been going since the 60's.

I spent my younger days going to bathurst every year, cars in November and bikes at easter. Havent been in 30 years, since i got married. It doesnt interest me any more, with the modern cars, but i love to watch the touring car masters, with the cars of our Era. I drove the Bathurst circuit last year, as it is a public road for 51weeks a year.

There is a vid out on youtube which shows the circuit from inside a falcon , i think.
You hear the engine reving up when going over that bump on the straight to the mountain.
And then the corners up and down the hill.
And last when they go full speed down , taking a light corner and then going full into the brakes !
Goosebumps !

Welcome mate,
What have you got, couple, fastback or convertible? I have a ‘67 fastback.
All the best
John
Thanks John. I have the poverty pack coupe, as the FB's are a little out of my reach. Pic's on page one.
just checked out your pics, thats really nice nothing wrong with coupes mate, my dad had a beautiful '68 coupe, one of the best all original first gen mustangs ive ever seen. do you see many mustangs in oz? what sort of reaction do you get when you take yours out?

Back