• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Front Suspension item...

Interesting. To me the price seems a bit steep for what you are getting. But I could be wrong. Looks fairly simple to fabricate. ~dk

The shocks are TCP Vari-Shock Qwik-Set 2's which retail for $335 each. The Springs retail for $60 each.

Total for just these two pairs of items is $790.

How much money do you think you could save by fabbing your own mounting brackets?

FYI, this is a TCP product. TCP suggested retail is $879.

Price seems fair to me, especially if you figure going the other route buying roller spring perches, springs, and real good shocks. The ability to change ride height is easily worth the difference IMO.

My son has the Qwik-Set 2's on his car and you can adjust both the rate of shock compression and rebound. Being able to fine tune your front suspension like this pretty neat.

I'm not trying to sell this kit, I just thought is was a neat alternative to their full blown tubular coilover $2300 front suspension.

how much better would it be to buy this kit then say roller perches and new shocks i would probably never adjust the coilovers, could dave maybe get a group buy in for stang fix for free shipping or something i might be more inclined to buy them then

That looks a lot like one of the kits Ron Morris puts out. I think it is a fair price and looks well designed.

I agree, it looks cool, but it lacks one of the main benefits of most coilover systems: running the spring force to the LCA. That system really isn't any different from the stock setup except that you can adjust the ride height. If anything, it reduces suspension travel due to the shortened spring.

Back