• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Kamado Classic B

Jonk67

A big thanks to Grabber70Mach I got hooked on the Kamadoguru forum and picked up a Kamado Classic B at Sam's and have been spoiling the family every weekend for the past month- steaks, baby back ribs, steak and shrimp kabobs(my best yet).

The 16 yo daughter takes extra to school to feed the 'boyfriend' and everyone at her table looks on jealously as she pulls out lunch every monday.. She gave me my best compliment yet saying 'I wish you would cook every night!' Lucky for her wife was not around to hear...
kamadosmoke_zps10e10124.png
Babybackribs_zpsd676ecdd.jpg

Good on you!
When I first purchased the Primo grill, SWMBO had second thoughts, but now she's loving it.

Keep up the good grillin'

I've been cooking on Kamados since 1965. They never cease to amaze me when trying something new. One of my favorites is chicken. I cut a whole chick in half or quarters, season with a mixture of garlic, onion, white pepper, a little sage, and rosemary after wiping them in olive oil. Throw them on the grill with medium heat with charcoal and plenty of mesquite, hickory, and oak chips soaked in water and close the lid. Sometimes I place a pan of water on the bottom rack. Turning them only a couple of times, adding more chips and wipe with oil mixed with apple vinegar. When done they are absolutely the most moist and tender meat. Love it!

Here's another Kamado recipe:
SMOKED TURKEY

INGREDIENTS

10 to 12 lbs. Turkey or large bone in turkey breast
Lawrys seasoned salt
Onion salt
garlic salt
ground pepper
poultry seasoning
celery salt
vegetable oil
red wine vinegar
1 Tbls. Prepared Mustard
mesquite and hickory wood chips soaked in water ½ hour before cooking turkey.
Heat Kamado to about 240̊ to 300̊.

Wash and dry turkey. Rub with oil. Season turkey with dry seasonings. Place a pan of water under the place where the turkey will sit while cooking. Place a handful of wet chips on fire or in smoke box. Note: fire should be to the sides of cooker not under the bird. Place bird on cooker and close lid. Add wood chips every 30 minutes.

In a jar with lid place 3/4 cup oil, 1/3 cup red wine vinegar, Tbls. Mustard, and dry ingredients. Shake well. Baste bird every ½ hour after 2 hours of cooking.

Turkey will be done in about the same time as in oven, but just a bit longer. When done, use thermometer, remove from heat and let stand about 20 minutes before carving.

Here's a turkey breast:
10460551_10203109828799077_7915682069754920716_n.jpg

Back