• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New site comments

"Sluggo" said:
The only info I can find on it so far is that it caused by the quick reply and the wysywyg editor.

Turn off quick reply and and check don't show wysiwyg editor in your profile. That should eliminate it.

I'll look into putting a reply button in each post like we had before.

Test

My 'reply' button at the bottom is all smashed up with other letters, they overlap so it looks like RNSP? all pushed together and small, first time I tried to reply I had to quote the OP just to get a reply box, no quick reply box shows like before and I'm always logged in and my name shows at the top.

lets see if I can paste it:
ReplyNotifyMark unreadSend this topicPrint

Ahhh doesn't come out like I see it, imagine RNMSP smashed down to ~ 0.125 wide, I can barely see some of the words as my mouse moves over it but can only make out 'print' as it all overlaps like the capital letters do.
I'm running Win7 home premium.
I can see Post Preview Spell check just fine once I have a post typed.
Jon

I have a problem with posting after using the preview function or when modifying a post, in both cases the problem is with using ubb code and pics and the fact that the pictures show up as pictures in the edit field. I would prefer to edit in a raw format vice the pictures, since they tend to take up a lot of room relative to the size of the edit field.

Is this something that I can select as an option where I see the pictures in the edit field or not?

"sigtauenus" said:
I have a problem with posting after using the preview function or when modifying a post, in both cases the problem is with using ubb code and pics and the fact that the pictures show up as pictures in the edit field. I would prefer to edit in a raw format vice the pictures, since they tend to take up a lot of room relative to the size of the edit field.

Is this something that I can select as an option where I see the pictures in the edit field or not?

Turn off the wysiwyg editor.

Click on profile - modify profile - look and layout and uncheck Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.

Creating a new thread is showing only half the post. Sucks 'cause I'm wanting to talk about guns. The last half of the thread just disappears.

"blue65coupe" said:
Creating a new thread is showing only half the post. Sucks 'cause I'm wanting to talk about guns. The last half of the thread just disappears.

Any chance that you are using a word with a "dot" , not to be mistaken with a period. I only say this because I was doing some cutting and pasting of a definition and the word was broken down into syllables with "dots" and the post displayed just fine in the preview. However when I posted it only "De" was posted. The post started with DE-RI-SION and dots instead of the dashes.

fd

"Sluggo" said:
Interesting. I have not experienced this. How do you make a dot?

I am a lousy speller, thus I sometimes use http://www.merriam-webster.com/ to not only help me spell but also to see a definition. I did not make the "dot" I only did a cut and paste of the word broken down into syllables. Now I am only guessing that the "dot" was the problem only because it did not appear on the post and once I removed the word with the "dots" everything posted normally. Oh and I did try it again after the first fail and it did the same thing; that is just the 2 letters "De" then nothing else.

fd

So is there a line of dots under this sentence?

I just got my first PM with the "New and Improved" StangFix. I used to have a message box open up and cmayna telling me that "you've got mail baby" :peter I was not until I looked at my email that I had a message telling me that I had a PM. Then I looked up and saw a little (1) next to my messages. Do I need to change a setting for better notification of a PM?

fd

"FordDude" said:
Any chance that you are using a word with a "dot" , not to be mistaken with a period. I only say this because I was doing some cutting and pasting of a definition and the word was broken down into syllables with "dots" and the post displayed just fine in the preview. However when I posted it only "De" was posted. The post started with DE-RI-SION and dots instead of the dashes.

fd

That happened to me too. Didn't realize that was the issue.

It was a combination of a link (worked fine), a cut and paste (which showed half) and an image (which didn't show at all). My typing in the beginning was there also.

I have a minor problem that none the less bugs me. Since the change back to Eastern Standard Time locally my computer and the board have been out of sync by an hour. I have tried repeatedly to adjust the local time in my profile but have been unable to do so. Waz zup???? :shrug

OK we still seem to have a symbol or symbols that are causing the message in the post to be deleted. I have seen in one or two times in the last few days, just do not remember where right now. If I find them I will add them to this post. But here is the latest from the glitch:

"silverblueBP" said:
WASHINGTON

"silverblueBP" said:
WTF happened to my post? That sure as f'n hell is NOT what I typed.

Mark what kind of symbol was in your post after the word WASHINGTON?

Then again another solution would be to check our posts before leaving the room. :char

fd

"FordDude" said:
OK we still seem to have a symbol or symbols that are causing the message in the post to be deleted. I have seen in one or two times in the last few days, just do not remember where right now. If I find them I will add them to this post. But here is the latest from the glitch:

Then again another solution would be to check our posts before leaving the room. :char

fd

I'm not exactly sure what is going on. I can't pinpoint it just yet. Johnny M is getting it quite a bit.

I did an update on the portal this evening. Let me know if there is any change.

"FordDude" said:

fd

It was -

Back