• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

new springs installed

I put a set of FRPP K springs in the car yesterday. Dropped the car about 1.5". Not much change in ride. Need to get it aligned before I can make a judgment on any handling improvements.

Looks great, that is on my list of things to do to my S197. :dh BUT I am going with more than just springs. My next post is going to be in the 05-09 section about lowering.

fd

Got the car back from the dealer yesterday. Had to have a door lock actuator replaced, so I had them check the alignment. The camber is -1.2 and -1.4 The tech reset the toe to spec. Drives nice. I realize the camber setting is not going to be tire friendly. It's close enough to be corrected using cam bolts, but wonder if i should pull the struts again and install adjustable upper mounts. Another option is the billet lower strut mount widget Steeda makes. Know anybody who done this before?
Opinions?

"1497" said:
Got the car back from the dealer yesterday. Had to have a door lock actuator replaced, so I had them check the alignment. The camber is -1.2 and -1.4 The tech reset the toe to spec. Drives nice. I realize the camber setting is not going to be tire friendly. It's close enough to be corrected using cam bolts, but wonder if i should pull the struts again and install adjustable upper mounts. Another option is the billet lower strut mount widget Steeda makes. Know anybody who done this before?
Opinions?

Cheap way....
Drill out the strut and make your own adjustment.

Easy way...
Buy the Steeda strut mounts

I have drilled out alot of these and its not too bad.

Thanks for the good reminder. Back in the 80's that was the only option for the 5.0L Fox cars running cut down 4cyl springs. Funny how the passing of time and parts development makes us forget the easy ways.

The lowered stance looks Soooooooo Much Better!

I don't know why Ford doesn't do that from the factory... at least on the GT versions.

Back