• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NewPort intermittent delay wipers?

For a 65/66 you could go to a scrap yard and pull a Intermitten switch and motor out of a F150 - F350. With a few slight mods, it will work for your car. This is what I did to Red. I have a thread somewhere regarding this project.

Just another option.

HI! I just installing the NewPort windshield wiper motor in my 59 Chevy apache; it originally had the vacuum motor. Though it wasn't an intermittent model, it bolted right up, no modifications were needed! I was so pleased as it was the easiest thing I've had to do on this project! :thu
When I spoke to NewPort for info and to order, each unit is designed specifically for each make/model. Regrets on my mustang, I wish I had paid attention to the wiper linkage, as when I finally turned my wipers on on the stang at the inspection station, there was a great deal of slop, or I'd say better, they definitely didn't wipe in unison!
For a part on the vehicle that is kind of impossible to get to, get it right! ; ) :thu
dne'

craig,

when i have to put a wiper system on an older vehicle, i always check & see if newport has something first before checking elsewhere. their stuff blows specialty & others out of the water IMO.

thanks Dne and Steve. I stumbled across an article in a magazine and had never heard of them before. Good to know they make good stuff.

Back