• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

news flash!!!!

Yeah, Dave's got a new desk location that is detrimental to hanging out on the various forums all day long...

:wtf

"daveSanborn" said:
Yeah, Dave's got a new desk location that is detrimental to hanging out on the various forums all day long...

:wtf

Dave,
I would quit a job like that

or start working for yourself...

I am firm believer that at least 2 hours of every day should be spent doing "non-work" activities.

"Johnny M" said:
or start working for yourself...

I am firm believer that at least 2 hours of every day should be spent doing "non-work" activities.

Personally, I'd multiply that x 4

Damn guys, I have had a bit over a year of non-work and I don't post that much. And... my puter is never shut off. I actually prefer to work on or drive the cars......

Well, I have to be here 8 hours a day, 9 including lunch. They dont really say I have to work....... I wish I had as much free time when I wasnt working..... Single parent of an 11 year old, caoching his baseball team, school activites and a GF who doesnt quite grasp the ME time concept......

Facebook, YouTube Stangfix at work make better employees: study

Buzz UpSendSharePrint
Thu Apr 2, 1:08 am ET
MELBOURNE (Reuters Life!) – Caught Twittering or on Facebook at work? It'll make you a better employee, according to an Australian study that shows surfing the Internet for fun during office hours increases productivity.
The University of Melbourne study showed that people who use the Internet for personal reasons at work are about 9 percent more productive that those who do not.
Study author Brent Coker, from the department of management and marketing, said "workplace Internet leisure browsing," or WILB, helped to sharpened workers' concentration.
"People need to zone out for a bit to get back their concentration," Coker said on the university's website (www.unimelb.edu.au/)
"Short and unobtrusive breaks, such as a quick surf of the Internet, enables the mind to rest itself, leading to a higher total net concentration for a days' work, and as a result, increased productivity," he said.
According to the study of 300 workers, 70 percent of people who use the Internet at work engage in WILB.
Among the most popular WILB activities are searching for information about products, reading online news sites, playing online games and watching videos on YouTube.
"Firms spend millions on software to block their employees from watching videos, using social networking sites or shopping online under the pretence that it costs millions in lost productivity," said Coker. "That's not always the case."
However, Coker said the study looked at people who browsed in moderation, or were on the Internet for less than 20 percent of their total time in the office.
"Those who behave with Internet addiction tendencies will have a lower productivity than those without," he said.

11 year old only a few more years till he wants the your fastback!!!!!!! man i would of gotten into so much trouble if i had mine when i was in high school.

"pnandy" said:
11 year old only a few more years till he wants the your fastback!!!!!!! man i would of gotten into so much trouble if i had mine when i was in high school.
I got my 1st 67 when I was 15. I did get into plenty of trouble but since everything I broke I had to fix, that kept me under some control!

Back