• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

OK, everyone's input please

Turn Slugfest into Politic, Guns and other Taboo?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
"Jack1966" said:
I like the political posts, although I rarely respond to them for fear of being outed. I live in Texas but I don't have a pickup. I have a .357 magnum but think the NRA is a semi-fascist organization. When I hear white men talk about reverse discrimination, I just shake my head. Every position or side usually has a grain (or more) of truth, so I try to get to that and filter out all the vitriol, bashing, and name calling.

I'm right there with ya.....guess we'll be outed together.

If it makes you feel any better Jack...I live in Texas and don't own a pick up. I do own an Explorer for the record but not an actual pick up.

Own a .357 and several riffles of various calibers from a semi-auto .22 to a Rugger 280. I've never been a member of the NRA until recently. Though I have always agreed with them on many points I also disagreed with them on a few. But with the clowns in Washington right now, well....I'd side with the NRA long before I sided with the Chicago thugs trying to bring in more gun control.

If it were up to me, I'd clean out Washington on both sides of the isle and get some folks with common sense in there who would stop rapping the Constitution.

"RustyRed" said:
Did I mention I am VERY spell check dependent? :yikes

That's ok, Duane's the site engrish teacher...if it wern't for he, we'dun never learnt to spel.

"silverblueBP" said:
That's ok, Duane's the site engrish teacher...if it wern't for he, we'dun never learnt to spel.

Has anyone ever told you you're a great listener? I swear you can hear others typing replies.

"blue65coupe" said:
Has anyone ever told you you're a great listener? I swear you can hear others typing replies.

I see dead people too.

"blue65coupe" said:
Shitty eyesight + driving a boat = less tubers.

uhhh... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

And I say change Slugfest to the above as statd by Duane. Sounds good to me.

Hey I am a NRA member, don't own a truck but I live in Southern California where I can't find .357 .158 grain bullets anywhere right now. :wtf

"David67" said:
Hey I am a NRA member, don't own a truck but I live in Southern California where I can't find .357 .158 grain bullets anywhere right now. :wtf Oh yeah I don't own a truck
Im assuming different ammos are out everywhere with the current state of the economy. Here its .380 and .45ACP. No one has them, and even when they do its a 2 box limit. Not to mention the prices of all the chit is up to double or a little more. Just paid 29.99 for a box of 9mm, and felt like i was getting robbed and i'm the one with the gun. :wtf

I've had .38, .357, and 12 ga 00 on backorder for 6 months now. .380 is scarce also. .45 and 9mm is readily available. WTH? A buddy bought a 500ct box of .22 the other day and paid $25 for it!!!! That stuff used to be $10.

I've owned water pistols full of Yukon Jack. Does that count?

Just to set the record back in my earlier post which got this post going, I don't mind political posts since I rarely read them but for awhile this board became a little too loaded with them so I said enoughs enough and posted some T&A just to break it up a little. I do like the idea though of putting all political posts in the slug fest board, so my vote is Hell Yeah!!!!

A friend with HPD told me about this site:

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/

I haven't had any problems getting .357 or .38 from them. A few other places have put me on back order forever.

There is a local pawn shop / gun dealer that also seems to always have ammo for whatever that's worth, never know when you might have some place along those lines in your area and it is a place people don't think to look.

Haven't been buying as much ammo lately. I have "a few rounds" of .357 and .38 in my closet but I still pick up a box of 50 here and there if I come across it. What I need to buy is some 6mm and .280 for the deer riffles. They aren't much for self defense uses but I guess if I ever get really hungry then bambi is in trouble.

Back