• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Osborne Interior Assembly Manual

kb3

Does anyone have the Osborne manual for a 65 or 66? I tried to buy one from Mustangs Plus but they are nationally back ordered for a duration. I Just need a quick picture of the location of the brackets for the fastback rear interior fiberglass panels. I am going to be putting the parts in over the next few days and any help with pictures from the book or an actual car would be greatly appreciated.

Ken,
Why don't you post a pic of the brackets? I honestly can't imagine the 65/66 brackets for the fiberglass panels as being much different than that of the 67/68.

i will lay out the brackets and take a picture when I get home tonight. I think I have almost 2 complete sets.

Ken, I do have one but honestly the only pic they provide is this one. No details on the carious brackets.

ejy2yzub.jpg

I did mine without any real references... Looking at the pitch of the mounting holes should pretty much allow you to at least get them in the right area... next is figuring out which direction they should be going in since several have specific orientations. It will be pretty obvious when you mock up a panel to the brackets. Don't even think about trying to use the old holes for the trim screws... you would be better off to align the panels, and then mark the bracket with a sharpie marker, then pre drill a small pilot hole for your trim screws. My panel alignment came out great doing it this way... and my car didn't even start out as a fastback.

"cmayna" said:
Ken, I do have one but honestly the only pic they provide is this one. No details on the carious brackets.

Craig,

That pic shows some of the 65 specific brackets..thanks!

"stangg" said:
I did mine without any real references... Looking at the pitch of the mounting holes should pretty much allow you to at least get them in the right area... next is figuring out which direction they should be going in since several have specific orientations. It will be pretty obvious when you mock up a panel to the brackets. Don't even think about trying to use the old holes for the trim screws... you would be better off to align the panels, and then mark the bracket with a sharpie marker, then pre drill a small pilot hole for your trim screws. My panel alignment came out great doing it this way... and my car didn't even start out as a fastback.

Thanks! I figured a lot of trial and error would get it done, was just looking for a bit of a head start. Also, thanks for the pointers on the existing holes in the brackets. I noticed some of the brackets had multiple holes!

I have to laugh about those damn brackets. I put mine back in, and I found one bracket had no, repeat, no holes to accept a screw from the panel. WTF? That's OK...I had no bracket on the upper windshield lip to accept the review mirror, either. A close inspection showed that one was never installed.

Can we'all say Quality is Job 1?

Keep in mind that you can find larger diameter screws with small heads which are designed for the infamous stripped out holes such as we encounter when doing interior projects.

You can make your own if you're good with a grinding wheel and haven't drank too much coffee.

"cmayna" said:
Keep in mind that you can find larger diameter screws with small heads which are designed for the infamous stripped out holes such as we encounter when doing interior projects.

You can make your own if you're good with a grinding wheel and haven't drank too much coffee.

yeah....that is how I successfully shoot shrapnel all over the shop as the screws get loose as I am grinding them. :rant

"Midlife" said:
I have to laugh about those damn brackets. I put mine back in, and I found one bracket had no, repeat, no holes to accept a screw from the panel. WTF? That's OK...I had no bracket on the upper windshield lip to accept the review mirror, either. A close inspection showed that one was never installed.

Was you car built on Monday?

"jims6t6" said:
"Midlife" said:

How the hell did you know that? The car has its build date of Jan. 10, 1966, which was a Monday in New Jersey.

"Midlife" said:
"jims6t6" said:
"Midlife" said:

How the hell did you know that? The car has its build date of Jan. 10, 1966, which was a Monday in New Jersey.

Just guessing

Back