• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Other hobbies?

I have yet to figure out what "else" I want to do as hobby........ Oh, wait, everything I do is a hobby since I retired. I do specialize in supporting the Austrailan economy by purchasing a certain ale on a regular basis.

"AzPete" said:
I have yet to figure out what "else" I want to do as hobby........ Oh, wait, everything I do is a hobby since I retired. I do specialize in supporting the Austrailan economy by purchasing a certain ale on a regular basis.

You forgot harassing me as a hobby...

I fly RC airplanes

Pitts002.jpg

I like hunting, camping, I do a lot of shooting and with that I do a lot of reloading and I just got back into my remote controlled vehicles.

surfing StangFix....

I also mess around with RC stuff, I still have 5 or 6 1/10th scale Monster trucks, two scale pullers (2WD truck and Pro Stock tractor) and a handfull of other RC cars and trucks. My sons and I competed in the NR/CTPA. I also was part owner of ThunderTech Racing and CJ's Clod Parts designing and making aftermarket stuff for RC racing trucks. I sold my part in the business but still support them.
photo13.jpg

That is a nice truck tarafield. I have a super sized T-maxx that I am cramming a new motor in when I get the parts. It has a supercharger with NOS. I like to make them bigger and faster. I have been out of the electrics for a few years and I just started looking at them again and the technology is crazy. Some of the power being put out by the electric motors is nuts. I prefer the gas motors but there is so much maintenance involved.

here are my tow favorites. I don't know if you have seen a nuova faor nitro bike or not. None of the hobby shops around here have. then My Maxx with currently the XTM 247 and will be upgraded with the XTM 457 28ci motor.

Attachments

• tmpphpVzXtrN.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 121
I had a T-Maxx for a while. All my stuff is electric right now. I did get a Savage big block for an event I did at the Digger Dungen hosted by Dennis Anderson but I just sold it right before Xmas. I know waht you mean about the radios, I have FM synthizied radios but even those are getting dated by DSM.

don't know anything about the bike, it's cool! The T-Maxx looks good. Here's a pic of my friend's Grave Digger with those same tires.
img_5419.jpg

"daveSanborn" said:
Dance lessons are something that are begrudgingly done to appease your wife's desires and shouldn't be considered a hobby.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

With spandex suit and slippers??????

"RapidRabbit" said:
Boating and traveling.

Of course now that baby is coming that may not happen much anymore. :cry

I decided to keep track of the hours on my boat since the baby arrived. You don't want to know.

On the plus side, he's almost two, so time to get him tubing (with an adult, of course). Up 'til now, it's been a production to get him out, but now that he's walking & (somewhat) follows directions, that should be better.

Snow skiing, Ride my motorcycle...and Dave 2k a year is pathetic, family camping, used to white water raft (guide), used to fly (too expensive), hockey

Time for a hobby? You have to be joking.

I work full time for an insurance company. I am our area's busiest classic vehicle appraiser though it does slow down to pretty much nothing in January and February. I also own 3 rental triplexes and the headaches that go with that.

When I do have time, other than my Mustang, I enjoy playing duplicate bridge and riding my Honda ATV.

I am also our district Lion's club treasurer. I have not missed a Lions meeting in 3 1/2 years.

and Dave 2k a year is pathetic

I'm with you Mike. We just can't seem to find the time for much more than that. If it were up to me, ALL of the daily drivers would be parked until the winter months and we'd be riding from April-November.

"apollard" said:
I decided to keep track of the hours on my boat since the baby arrived. You don't want to know.

On the plus side, he's almost two, so time to get him tubing (with an adult, of course). Up 'til now, it's been a production to get him out, but now that he's walking & (somewhat) follows directions, that should be better.

let me guess, single digit hours at best right? We usually get out on the boat 2-3 times a week.
I think we can wait a couple years to get back to it.

"daveSanborn" said:
I'm not familiar with this... at the end of the training how agile will the dog be?

My Shephard is pretty agile. I was wrestling with him in the LR a few hours ago and he about whooped me.

LOL, she won't be, but I will after running the obstacle course with her to direct her around the course. She goes over the obstacles, I run next to them.

Back