• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

paypal bs

napaguy

I need some advice...I shipped a package that a genteman won from my ebay sale. It was shipped through the post office and was not tracked or insured. He didnt ask for it and I didnt ask if he wanted it. Well the package didnt show up after 20+ days. He now says he is going to file a paypal claim if it doesnt show up today. Anything I need to be aware of? should do?

Shipping without insurance and tracking results in exactly this fact pattern....he can prove he paid you and you can't prove you shipped him the item. Sorry but I think that you may be screwed this time.
:doh
In the future I suggest that you do not give the buyer a choice, in other words, include the cost of insurance and tracking in the auction as a requirement unless you are again willing the assume the risk of damage or loss.

Do you still have the receipt from the post office? It will show the date, zip code shipped to, and maybe even the weight. That might be enough to dispute his Paypal claim, but still probably won't be enough to please the buyer. This situation sucks because if you want to keep your good ebay feedback, you might have to give him a refund. Sorry buddy.

I do realize I am probably effed....it just makes me mad because who's to know if he got the part and is trying to screw me? I do have the receipt and have provided the buyer with all of the information. I understand why he is upset as it has been many days since the purchase. I guess I will have to eat this one and change my ebay policies. Thanks for the replies fella's

I posted about a similar problem with the post office about a week ago, I won a 18 dollar fishing reel on Nov.2nd, he shipped it on Nov 6th by priority mail, he never insured it nor did I ask for it, still no reel, he offered a refund, I told him I would wait a while longer as I wanted the reel, I am still hoping--I doubt if it will show up, it is too bad the post office doesn't cover losses up to say $50 dollars when you use priority mail, I suppose they would be having thousands of claims daily if they did, I imagine as earlier posted you will probably get socked for a refund to the buyer, I am by far no expert on the whole e-bay thing, good luck!

Have you tried going to the usps website and putting in the tracking #? That way you can at least see where/ when it was delivered. If he is being an ass, you can call his bluff.

Jamie,
The post office doesnt offer tracking unless you pay for it. I will never use them again. I about shit when the post master here told me I was out of luck!! So lets get this straight...I pay you for a service and you dont produce...but you keep my money. I cant think of another business that could get away with this. I personally wrote president elect Obama a letter in hope that he will change the post office's policies....I realize I should have insured+tracked but I have never had a problem until now. UPS ftw

The post office charges less to ship but is it cheaper when stuff is lost? I am kind of glad I quit the sub job years ago, I honestly thought it would not last this long, I figure soon there will not be saturday delivery and possibly 1--2 days a week cut, the computer age has hammered the post office. There are not many hand written letters any more.

Rod,
I usually ship via usps because its usually cheapest and freight charges are a very sensitive topic with most buyers. Like I said I will never use them again unless the buyer is willing to accept the responsibility.

Hey what did you end up doing with this mess??---I still jave no fishing reel either, I guess it is time to give up on the reel showing up, it has been a month, I hope who ever stole it gets a hook stuck in himself the first time he uses it!

I ended up refunding the guys payment including the freight charges. So I not only lost the sale but I also have no part!!! I will never use the post office again to ship packages. It was my fault for not getting tracking but IMHO the way the post office handles problems just plain sucks!!!! Nobody goes unpunished for telling me tough shit when I have a problem. So in my own way I am sticking it to the man by not using them [like they really care]...on a side note I never heard back from Obama about my problems with the usps..I knew I should have voted for somebody else. :dance

Back