• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Photoshopping

Waffles

Well, I do this on most other boards I'm on so I figured why not here too.

If anyone is looking to have something photoshopped or a sig made, you can request it here, and I'll get to it as soon as I can. Just post the pic you wanna use, and as much description on what you'd like done as possible.

I'll go first....

I did not have the holes filled for the rocker moldings. I'm curious how they would look on my car in either black, body color or the color in the center of the wheels.

2_28_12_08_5_42_45_3.JPG

1_06_12_08_8_51_04_0.JPG

2_21_03_09_4_54_42_2.JPG

A car with moldings

68ford39999-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a tough one Rick. I have a brand new set of 65/66 rocker moldings in the garage. I don't know if they are they same for 67/68 though...

I have my originals. I think the 65/66 moldings look similar to the ribbed tail light panels. I think cars need something down there, to break up the fact that the fender goes all the way down and the door rocker line does not line up. Either a stripe or molding.

Kinda hard to see it in this picture, but its an example

2_19_08_08_9_11_00.jpg

your car looks fine as is i plan to take mine off and have the holes filled when i get mine painted but if i dont get emm filled i'll paint emm black or gray to match my wheels

I think its more noticable on lighter colored cars. See how this one seems like something is missing or how it doesnt line up symetrically. Maybe its just me

361713706.jpg

"Fast68back" said:
I think its more noticable on lighter colored cars. See how this one seems like something is missing or how it doesnt line up symetrically. Maybe its just me

361713706.jpg

Funny, that was probably my favorite car at the show. Clean and simple. Rocker panels are like gold teeth, unnecessary bling.

OK, so its just me.... I like the car as well, its just something about that body line. Ford ran the rocker panel all the way to the rear wheel opening, it just seems like they stopped to soon at the front.

That's why I welded up the quarter to rocker seam & smoothed it out. I didn't like that line being there.

Like wise with the rear window/deck lid panel. I filled those lines and smoothed them out so you couldn't see those either.

"70_Fastback" said:
That's why I welded up the quarter to rocker seam & smoothed it out. I didn't like that line being there.

Wow, I just noticed that in your pics Jeremy. That looks so much better than having that seam there. Nice work!

"monkeystash" said:
Wow, I just noticed that in your pics Jeremy. That looks so much better than having that seam there. Nice work!

Thanks. Here are the other two non-existant seams:

282872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fast68back" said:
Why not blend in the rear valance while you were at it?

I had thought about it... but I thought I may want to leave that as a removable part as there could need to be some type of work done under there....? Maybe.

The other areas were not really a "removable" option...

Like wise with the rear window/deck lid panel. I filled those lines and smoothed them out so you couldn't see those either.

Did you fill them? Or weld them smooth?

I sure hope you welded and then grinded smooth, cuz if not the "filler" will eventually crack.... guaranteed.

Back