• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Planning on "Getting out more" this year

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So its what winter is for. Planning on what you're going to do in the summer. And I've been planning.
First trip I'll let a professional take the helm....literally. Taking a cruise from Florida to Northern Europe. See some sites from France to Norway. Meeting up with Bruno (B67FSTB) and his wife in Zeebrugge, Belgium, where they will kindly take us on a personal tour...well all that we can do in 8 hours.
At the end of of said cruise we will be in England. So why not go for a drive. First of course is to visit Jeff (Limeyboy) in Worthing. And since we're meeting up, Bruno is going to Chunnel over and we all will be enjoying a pub or two. Then its off on a drive around the UK. Only about 1,300 miles.
UK2024 mapped.gif

After that its back home. At least for a few weeks.

The its off again. This time in the Corvette for the every 5 years Corvette Caravan. This is where caravans join up crossing the country to Bowling Green where Corvettes are built. Displays, the museum and track time round out the event. The caravan will include stops at Wendover WWII airbase, Jackson WY, Tetons and Yellowstone. Also a stop in St. Louis to visit old friends.

And since we're traveling the country why not go a little further......to Nova Scotia. Enroute we'll be visiting John DeLamora (DEL65) and Michelle in Tennessee. With another visit with an old friend in Vermont then on up to the far NE. On through Canada and down to visit family in Chicago and then finally to Fort Worth to see that little grandson.

All combined the trip should be about 11,000 miles. Like I said planning. Now to execute the plan.

CC 2024 mapped.gif

East 2024 mapped.gif

That's quite the journey! You are planning a literal drive around the old UK. Should awesome. I've written before about Nova Scotia. Been there a lot. Really like it. I hope you will too. No matter what you have to have a late dinner in Halifax overlooking the harbor. Special.

I hope you are picking up that new C8 before this trip, the existing one will never make that many miles. Not to mention that it is damaged after Joann "wrecked" it on the way to HAN last summer!

That's quite the journey! You are planning a literal drive around the old UK. Should awesome. I've written before about Nova Scotia. Been there a lot. Really like it. I hope you will too. No matter what you have to have a late dinner in Halifax overlooking the harbor. Special.
Do you two need to get a room? I would expect words like that from {.} but not from you Terry!

Do you two need to get a room? I would expect words like that from {.} but not from you Terry!
I'm not always the smartass you've come to know and appreciate here, Ken.

I have been to just about every major and the majority of minor cities all across the U.S. and most of Canada. That will happen when you work has you "covering" NA for just about three decades. I can say with confidence that having been in Halifax numerous times that I found it to be one of my favorite places to visit. My dining experiences there rank among my top anywhere. The setting and all quite unique.

And yes, {.} is both old and potentially slightly effeminate, I agree. That more to your expectation of my postings?

Terry, can you tell me the name of the restaurant in Halifax? I'll try to go there.

Wow, that's a lot of driving. Sounds like a couple great trips though.

Have fun and take lots of sideways pictures for us to see.

"He told me it’s called Dueling Banjos. He did say it was a gay bar, but the food made it worth it to him "

Be nice or I'll stop by your place on the way back.

"He told me it’s called Dueling Banjos. He did say it was a gay bar, but the food made it worth it to him "

Be nice or I'll stop by your place on the way back.
Why wouldn't you stop....I mean Mark has fresh cookies available, baked daily!

Mike's like a Wandering nomad. You never know where and when he might show up.

I think I'm safe now that his son moved to Texas.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back