• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pony followed me home.

I have been fighting the urge to buy a new (newer) Stang since I saw the concept of the 05 in 04. Your not helping me any!!!

"tarafied1" said:
I have been fighting the urge to buy a new (newer) Stang since I saw the concept of the 05 in 04. Your not helping me any!!!

Just go look at the sticker price, that'll help fight the urge! I can get Ford products on the Z plan and that's still way too much $$.

when I picked up my new company Taurus they had a 2011 Shelby in the showroom. Sticker was something like $48K! I'm sure they mark 'em up too since people will pay that. Anyway, that's why I said "newer" thinking I might do something like Sluggo and get a used one... let the 1st owner take the hit.

"tarafied1" said:
Anyway, that's why I said "newer" thinking I might do something like Sluggo and get a used one... let the 1st owner take the hit.

That's what I've done on every car I've ever owned minus one and we lost our bleep on it. The one we bought new we came out major losers on because we had to trade it for something bigger when we found out we were having twins right at a year after we bought it.

I've been very tempted to look at the Mustangs but the Explorer is paid for and only has about 39k miles. I really need an Explorer though since on the weekends it typically has a back full of baseball stuff or a kayak strapped on the roof, etc. The third row comes in handy also when I have to haul around more kiddos than just my two boys....I've half hearted tried to talk the wife into driving the Explorer but she has a ~ 70 mile per day commute compared to my ~ 8 mile commute...with the price of gas that wouldn't really work.

It's really silly for me to buy new as often as I get the urge.

I'm exposed to far too many temptations to be enslaved to a new car. I bought two new cars, A 91 F-150 and a 02 Mustang Gt premium at x plan prices and still took a bath on them.

Newer Ford products are holding their value much better than they did in the past.

Re: Re: Re: Pony followed me home.

"Sluggo" said:
Not yet. Gotta get the stripes off and black out the hood and trunk first.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
I like that idea. Stripes are done to death.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking...............
1-300611211618-82741847.jpeg

Stripes are gone.

I'll get some pics up in a bit. I have some with and without the stripes.

Back