• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Porterfield pads now in stock!

Shaun

Thought I'd spread the word that we are now stocking ALL the popular early Mustang Porterfield pads and shoes in the most popular compounds:

http://www.streetortrack.com/Porterfiel ... -1040.html

The R4 compound has long been the choice for open track and vintage racers. Great track pad. Use the R4-S on a street car if you want serious cold temp. stopping power! If you want to do all 4 corners, track cars can use the R4 pads up front and the R4-S shoes out rear.

R4-S for Granada swaps too!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards

Shaun

Hey Shaun, I have SSBC disks on all four corners. Looks to me that I can use Part #: POR-APD-11R4-S for the fronts, do you have or can you get the pads I would need for the rears? I believe the SSBC's use 87 tbird disks in the rear. Thanks, kip

Kip,

The POR-APD-11R4-S would be for the stock 65-67 K/H calipers. If you have the SSBC kit that is the same as stock then those would work great for the front.

Because the front does most of the stopping, I would be leary of putting a high coefficient of friction pad like the R4-S on the rear. It could give you too much rear brake that you can't dial out with an adjustable proportioning valve.

Thanks Shaun! I have the Force 10 setup in front that uses D11 pads so like you said, should work. I'll try those with the SSBC pads in the rear and see how that goes! Thanks, kip (looks like I'm getting pads for Christmas!)

Back