• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

PSE Vintage Wheels

hivewax

Phil Schmidt Engineering Vintage Wheels
http://psvintagewheels.com/

Phil is, i believe, a 1-man crew. His beautiful wheels are a dying bred. I talked to him and pretty soon he'll be closing shop from what he told me due to the economy. So, if you need a new set of vintage wheels, better check him out in a hurry. Over and out.

Man,that is a real shame, I have a set of his wheels and it was nothing but great dealing with Phil.

He made the wheels for the actual Eleanors in Gone in 60 seconds....

Him closing down is nothing but sad...Dam recession.... :2guns

"B67FSTB" said:
emailaddress ???????

He doesnt list on one the webpage

f you wish to contact us by fax, phone or letter please contact us at:

PS Engineering, Inc.
2675 Skypark Drive, #102
Torrance, CA. 90505
(310)534-4477 - main
(310)534-4977 - fax
To the attention of Phil Schmidt

We are located about 15 miles south of LAX and 4 miles from the ocean.

I have tried calling Phil several times over the last few weeks but never get an answer......Is PSE gone?????

The reason i was tyring to call is that i have the GT40 wheels and I heard that you need to coat the center section to stop staining. Has anyone else heard this or tried it or know anything about it?

Johnny

Phil is still in business. The best time to catch him is in the morning. He had a serious problem with the wheel hoop manufacturer. he fornted them money and they didnt deliver.
Its hurt his company being a small business. He is a good guy and I only hope the best for him.

"ClassicRecreations" said:
Phil is still in business. The best time to catch him is in the morning. He had a serious problem with the wheel hoop manufacturer. he fornted them money and they didnt deliver.
Its hurt his company being a small business. He is a good guy and I only hope the best for him.

Do you use his Wheels? I just want to ask him about protecting the center sections from staining as he delivers then in a "Raw" state.

Talked w/Phil today. I was missing 5 lug nuts. He said his center cap has no protective coating just like other wheel manufacturers. You'll have to regularly maintain cleaning them or they will naturally oxidize/haze.

"hivewax" said:
Talked w/Phil today. I was missing 5 lug nuts. He said his center cap has no protective coating just like other wheel manufacturers. You'll have to regularly maintain cleaning them or they will naturally oxidize/haze.

Thanks for the info

Back